27.) The Great Pretender

A/N: this is my favorite creation so far 🥰🥰

The bright strobe lights of Heaven bring on a dizzying spell that makes me lean on Phoebes shoulder as we make our way to our secluded table

The bright strobe lights of Heaven bring on a dizzying spell that makes me lean on Phoebes shoulder as we make our way to our secluded table. We sit together in a dark section of the nightclub, able to see all of tonight's night crawlers.

"Another round, Phoebe!," I yell above the booming speaker above our heads.

Phoebe looks at me with a disapproving, timid glance before getting up from the chair and heading for the bar.

My droopy eyes scan the fresh prospects all around me. Nothing of interest- still, nice to look at. I mean, hah, I might as well continue on with my search!

A busy body, grooving on the dance floor catches my eye. I watch him work the floor- carefree and emerged in the rhythm of the beat. Everyone around him doesn't stand a chance, as he throws his hands up above his head and shakes his wide hips all around. His chubby body glistening with beads of sweat while he carelessly grinds on any man within his perimeter.

"Here," Phoebe slides my drink in front of me and slams his body down on the chair across from me.

I pay him little to no mind. I've got my attention on the hunk of meat making eye contact with me. My own eyes scan up and down his appearance. A bulky chap with a daring spark in his dark eyes. His shoulder length Black hair, reminds me of my old look from my younger days. He seems about my age, but I could be wrong. I'm no good at guessing games.

He blows me a kiss, lifting one finger from his fist, he gestured for me to come forward. Then, he turns his back to me, swaying his hips from side to side as he walks off towards the men's restroom.

Before I know what I am doing, my body staggers to my feet, "I've to bathroom. Be back...," Phoebe immediately stands to assist me as I stumble backwards a bit.

"I've got it. Go home, Phoebe..," His eyes stare into mine, full of questions that he knows I'll never answer anyway.

Reluctantly it seems, he lets go of my arm and my feet take me forward. I push open the swinging restroom door, to find the mystery man at the sink washing his hands.

Why am I here? I should leave.

Shaking the unforgivable thoughts from my head, I turn to leave, reaching and missing the handle of the door.

"Leaving so soon, sugar?,"

I take a big gulp and turn back around to face the man. He smirks at me as he dries his hands with a paper towel. Strolling closer to me, I feel the heat of tension ignite the air around us.

"W-What are you looking at?," The words I mean to say harshly, but only manage a shy mumbling whisper.

"You tell me...You we're sexing me up, staring so hard at me on the dance floor. You followed me in here, did you not?," His finger tips come up to my mustache. He tugs one end before giving the hairs at the corner a little twist.