31.) The Bitch is Back

Freddie:

My heart has stopped, the crowds of people swirl together as if they were nothing but corrupted colours in a never ending whirlwind of distractions. I can't believe I lost him! What the fuck is wrong with me?!

"I can't find him! I don't see him!! I knew I should've brought security! What if someone's taken him! What if he's crying or hurt or scared!,"

I'm only making my wife cry harder. I clutch Charlie to my chest, holding her up in my arms, as we all scurry about.

Cherie has been frantically crying while trying to talk with the security guards, who have now responded to the urgent missing child's protocol. She hasn't said a word to me since I told her I lost our son. Can't say that I blame her rage, but now is not the time for arguments! I never stop screaming for him.

The breaks in her voice- I can't let that penetrate my thoughts right now I'm about to go insane!

"He's this tall. He's got curly brown hair up to here. He's wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and red pants with black sneakers. Here- look, Ive for a picture-,"

My yell is deafening. Out of the corners of my vision I can see every head that wasn't already staring at me, turn and watch us like were some sort of fucking zoo exhibit.

"RICHIE!!!!!,"

I run as fast as I can towards my son when I finally see him! His smiling face is lit up with joy and covered in chocolate ice cream. Charlie dangles from my hip, as she grips onto my neck at the speed that I run with her, her body is hanging off of me.

I swoop him into my arms, until I've got both my beans jam packed together. "Oh, my sweet sweet precious baby!! Where did you go? How did you get-,"

"Oh, you're welcome, Freddie. You best keep a better eye on your little mini me," A musical chuckle sounds out above me, as I am crouched in a big bear hug with my children.

"Elton!," Cherie yelps and swings her arms around his neck. "Thank you!," she kisses his cheek more times than I would like and pulls away to wipe her tears from her face. "Thank you so much! Oh thank you thank you!!,"

I get to my feet, being absolutely sure to grab ahold of both my children's hands.

"What? How- Where did you find him?," I stutter as Elton smirks at me and winks at Richie, who lets out a little playful giggle.

"I was walking along when I seen him walk away from that crowd over there," He points towards the crowded restaurant line.

"He really is your clone, Fred. Easy to recognize. So, I talked to him and said I was a friend of his daddy's and do you know what he said to me?!,"

Elton puts his hands on his hips and looks down to Richie with a big grin, before turning up to me and Cherie again.

"He looks at me with a completely confused expression on his face and says 'I don't have a daddy- I has a  Pa-pi...'," He findings his head back, boasting with a deep chuckle.  "I just about fell over with laughter when he said that! I guess he has your quick mouth, too,"

The three of us adults laugh like mad at the fortunate circumstances. Things could have gone a completely different way. Thank God, that it didn't. Although, Cherie is still stubbornly scorching me with her glaring stare. At least she'll play nice for as long as Elton and his family are around- at least, I hope.

We walk about to a different restaurant and are seated straight away since Elton is really pulling out all the stops. I don't know what I was thinking about having a normal Disneyland experience- it's not practical and to be honest it was really irresponsible of me.