24.) I Can't Set You Free From Me

2 months later

Freddie:

"Are you coming to Emmys birthday or not, Fred? You still haven't responded to the invitation," I take a second to roll my eyes at him, before answering. Of course I want to go spend my day with crying infants.

"Yes, darling- wouldn't miss it for the world," I respond as I gather my things to pack up the studio today.

"Don't lie, Freddie. You didn't even come for Michaels birthday dinner like you said you would," Deacy scoffs and gives me a dirty look. Yeah, whatever you prick.

"John, I told you I had a date. I couldn't just back out," At this point, Deacy pushes past me and Brian as we are standing next to each other waiting for the lift. He takes the stairs instead. Fine by me!

"What's his problem?," I grumble as the three of us now step into the elevator.

"Well, you've been secluding yourself so much, Freddie. We don't even know what you've really been up to.," Brian's voice is careful not to step on my toes, but he does seem a bit testy. They've all been pretty fine with me not being around anyway. Why make a big deal now?

"Anyway," Roger insists, "You have to come to Emmys party- it's a costume party, and you have to join in," the doors chime open and we walk out just in time to see John storming out of the front door.

I cringe inside at the thought of coming face to face with the lovely Cherie. No doubt she will be there since Roger said she still has that nanny job with those children she had brought to my house. After he explained that she was so crazy for me that she wanted to get close to me again after my accident- I put together that she probably would have tried anything to get me to listen to her. I guess even going as far as saying her babysitting kids were mine.

I don't know what I did to her to make her leave like that. That fucking teasing bitch! Any man who I use to pick up at a night out at the clubs, welcomed the rank sex approach. She's somewhat single handedly bruised my self confidence; I haven't been able to close a deal since her! It's not my fault she couldn't handle it- she knew the safe word.

Anyway, as time goes on as it always does- I've tried hard to forget about her. luckily, I still have Marys friendship and she often spends the night with me. Strictly cuddling at this point, but she meets my kisses all the same if I ask for one. I do the same for her.

The problem is Cherie felt so good, underneath me and just in my arms. Her faces of pleasure peak through my wet dreams- but, the look on her face before she left...that's an image that's stained my heart.

I can't help but think about her, but I can't stand her at all! I can't remember her, or the past we had. What kind of woman leaves a man unsatisfied like that? I was so fucking close!

I admit, it'd been a while since I had a proper fuck and her body called to me. It didn't help that I'd had that whole spat with Mary the day before, further driving me mad with the need to fuck the shit out of the next person I had the chance to.

But, the way Cherie taunted me and teased me while we flirted in that cafe- it's like she knew exactly what to say to get me going. I can't get her eyes out of my mind. In the back of my thoughts all the time, she is there, smiling at me with her big brown eyes full of pure adoration. It seems there no way out of this for me- according to Roger, I use to bring her sunshine, but now all I seem to give her is pain. We must have been something special, I don't know.

——————————————-

Cherie:

"We've had a reported Joe, one fatal gunshot to his coratid artery. It took a while to to piece this together. He came into the hospital with no source of identification, but Mrs. Mercury- he's dead. We finger printed him and ran his dentals, Jimmy - is dead,"