Getting ready for a ball...

I smiled as I walked back down the hall and sighed as I heard my phone ringing, I pulled it out and looked to it to see it was carol and I frowned, "hello" I said answering the phone, "Anna-Beth thank god I got hold of you, I have been trying to contact you for days" she said to me and I sighed, "sorry Carol, I have been a little busy with our family, what can I help you with" I asked and she coughed, "the founders day, you are entering the competition" she said and I nodded, "of course I know about that, my husband is currently getting his stuff together for this" I explained and noticed that Nik was there, "sorry I have already had to remind Elena and I cannot find Caroline" she explained and I smirked, "Caroline is here with me, she wanted to do some things before all this and you know the little Blondie she likes to keep us on our feet" I explained and she laughed, "right well you need to be here in the next four hours because the dance starts then" she explained to me and put the phone down.

I growled and turned around, "sorry love" I said and he smiled, "don't worry, this is going to be fun and I am sure that Caroline is going to make this fun as well" he said to me and I laughed as he turned around and went back to the nursery, "so we better get ready as you're going to be with your grandparents" he explained and I laughed as I turned and made the way down the hall, I stopped and decided to knock on the door as I knew that I didn't want to walk in, "what" Mattie shouted and I rolled my eyes, "Matthew" I said and I opened the door and put my head in, "we need you up and dressed in the next hour, Lexi too" I explained and she coughed, "I don't know if you have noticed but I don't have one of those nice daylight rings" she said to me and I laughed as I pushed my hand into my pocket and threw something at her, "can't have the girlfriend of my baby being left out" I explained and Mattie moaned, "mum" he said to me and I laughed as I turned around, "don't let your father find her in bed with you" I said loud enough for Nik to hear and chuckled as he growled, "sorry baby" I said and laughed as I walked down the stairs as Mattie was moaning at Lexi about me.

I got to the kitchen and noticed that dad was there and smiled, "you okay" he asked me and I nodded, "yeah I forgot about the founders ball and dance that is today and well I might have walked in on my son in bed with his girlfriend" I explained and he laughed, "not nice is it" he said to me and I laughed, "I know" I said to him. I noticed that Mattie walked in and looked to me, "are you trying to make dad annoyed" he asked me and I smiled, "sorry baby" I said as I walked over and kissed his cheek, "so is she happy with the ring" I asked and he smiled, "thanks mama" he said and I smiled, "well like I said baby, I cannot have the girlfriend of my baby stuck inside" I said and smiled, "plus I might like Lexi" I explained to him and he laughed, "Aww thanks mum" he said to me and I smiled as Nik walked into the room with the twins and smiled, "morning buddy, nice sleep" he asked him and Mattie went red making Lexi cough.

Nik laughed as passed Freya over to me and I smiled, "morning baby girl, did you have fun listening to daddy sing to you" I asked and smiled as Bekah walked over and smiled, "Pass her here and I will make sure she is at the front watching her mummy and daddy dancing" she said to me and I smiled as I nodded, "thanks bek" I said to her and walked out of the kitchen and looked out the back to see that Kol was still teaching some tricks to Caroline and smiled, "care have you forgotten about the founders dance" I asked and she stopped as she looked to me, "but I don't have a partner" she said to me and I smiled, "so why don't you ask your boyfriend to help you" I said to her and smirked as she smiled and turned to Kol, "Kol" she asked and he smiled, "I don't see why not" he said and laughed, "plus anything to outside my brother and sister" he said to me and I laughed, "give it your best shot" I said and he smiled, "so I heard Mattie had a girl in his room" he said to me and I nodded, "yep and of course with the stupid hunter in the house as well we are busy as hell" I explained making Caroline looked to me, "did Klaus take something out on the hunter" she asked me and I laughed, "Care it is Nik as your family and yeah Mattie explained he was dating Lexi" I explained.