Chapter 1

Arthit doesn't have hopes of getting back with Kongpob. They broke up 3 years ago.  Today would have been their 6th years anniversary if they were still together. He is on his sixth can of beer now, just perfect he thought to himself. Leaning against the rails of his balcony, Arthit raises his can of beer to the moon, cheers. His friends are gathering at Bright's bar tonight, but Arthit doesn't feel like going since he knew Wad was going to be there. Wad is still in contact with Kongpob, but he doesn't talk to Arthit. He borderline despises Arthit because he thinks Arthit is a coward, and broke his best friend's heart. Arthit doesn't blame Wad for feeling that way, but there are many reasons why it's better that Kongpob and he didn't stay together. Kongpob's future would be much better without him, without society's stigma and judgement. He would rather wish his moon happiness from afar than to hold him back.

3 years ago

Arthit was a new employee at Ocean Electrics, and Kongpob his boyfriend of 3 years, a junior in college was also an intern there. They kept their relationship discreet at work. They enjoyed stealing moments here and there, and enjoyed working together. Then one day, Ocean Electrics was in jeopardy due to a purchase of a batch of poor quality parts for a new product that their company was due to deliver soon. Arthit and his team was scrambling to find a supplier to remake quality parts. Kongpob was the one that saved Ocean Electrics from the disaster by finding Siam Polymer to supply the required parts. Arthit and his team was sent to negotiate and present the product to Siam Polymer's CEO Khun Kerklai. To his relief, everything went smoothly until he saw his Kongpob in a family portrait at Khun Kerklai's home.

That is how he found out that Kongpob was the heir to one of the biggest companies in Thailand. Arthit felt it was near impossible to be with Kongpob forever. His family would never accept their relationship. Kongpob is the only son of his family, he would be expected to carry on the family bloodline, and he can't do that with Arthit. At that very moment when he knew whom Kongpob's family was, he had felt his love was doomed. He kept asking himself how was he going to let go of his only light in the dark, his only moon.

Arthit's heart was so heavy as he gazed at the moon from his office window. He had to stay behind at the office to collect an urgent shipment, so he didn't go home with Kongpob. As much as it pained him to be away from Kongpob, he also needed this time and space to think. The moon was full and extra bright tonight, making him miss his own moon even more. However, he was still uncertain how to broach the topic of his knowing of Kongpob's family background to Kongpob. He wants to know how come Kongpob never mentioned about his family to him. Was he not important enough? Did Kongpob feel that they wouldn't last, so he didn't even bother to mention about his family in their 3 years together? More importantly, now that he knows, how can he be so selfish and hold Kongpob back from his bright future? Staring at the moon, he silently asked for just a little more time.

AN: So what do you guys think? Sad right? Comment and let me know. 🙂