Chapter 3

That night, Kongpob's parents had a long discussion about their only son's relationship. They can't say they were honestly happy about it. These past few years, they've had a hunch that Kongpob was definitely dating. Every time he came home for college break, he would spend so much time on the phone in his room. It's almost like he wasn't home. So, they knew someone special had captured their dear son's attention. They just never thought it would be a young man. As far as they know, ever since Kongpob was 11, he attracted a lot of young girls. They would follow him around school, and had all sorts of reasons to visit their home on the weekends. His older sisters had to watch over him like a hawk to make sure everything was innocent. Kongpob even dated a couple girls that confessed to him when he was in high school. They were nothing serious, and none lasted more than a couple months since he said he was just too focused in his studies to be serious about anyone at that time.

Kongpob's mom really had a hard time wrapping her head around the idea of not having grandchildren. And the biggest concern she had was the fear of others judging and criticizing Kongpob because of his relationship. Kongpob's father was actually more accepting. "Lisa, I understand your concerns, as I also have them too, but if even we don't stand behind our son, who will?" "As parents, we vowed unconditional love and support for our children, and this is the time when he needs us the most." He looked to his wife, raising her chin up with his finger and gave her a soft kiss to her lips to ease her worries.

Lisa looked into her husband's deep loving eyes, and nodded. "You are right Kerklai. Our baby Kongpob has the right to love whom his heart belongs to. Love has no gender, color, or age. I should learn to live and let live. I just hope life is kind to our baby. I really can't watch my baby suffer. I love my babies more than life itself." Kerklai sighs, and caresses his wife's face, and says "from what I've seen of that young man Arthit, he was very honest and respectful. I will find an opportunity to get to know a little more about him. I trust that our son is a good judge of character. He has a good head on his shoulders, and a heart as kind and pure as his lovely mother." Lisa leans into Kerklai's hand that's caressing her face, and says, "P, you always know how to make me feel better."

Kerklai personally went to Ocean Electrics when Kongpob asked him to help Ocean Electrics get through their tough situation when their original supplier failed to produce quality parts for their new product, and they were running on a tight deadline. Kerklai honestly didn't need to make the trip to Ocean Electrics. He could have just had his assistant go and get the contract signed. However, he used this opportunity to see Arthit Ronajpat. He wanted to see for himself if this young man is really worthy of his dear son. During their meeting, Arthit was very competent. He was well versed in all aspects of the product specs and requirements. Ocean Electrics was in no position to negotiate price as they were on a time crunch, but Kerklai didn't take advantage of them, and asked for a fair price. Arthit was so relieved that he didn't have to negotiate price with Kongpob's father.

At the end of the meeting Kerklai mentioned that his son Kongpob was interning at Ocean Electrics, and he told everyone that it was his idea for Kongpob to intern here as he was very impressed with Ocean Electrics employee's work ethics. Arthit was surprised to hear that, as he assumed for sure that Kongpob had chosen Ocean Electrics because of him. He didn't know it was actually Khun Kerklai's idea. As Arthit was thinking to himself, Khun Kerklai asked him to show him where his son Kongpob was working. Arthit nervously showed Kerklai around the factory. As they were walking, Kerklai made small talk, and asked Arthit about himself, and about Kongpob.
Kerklai wanted to see what Arthit would say. He could tell that Arthit was nervous, and figured that it's because he is Kongpob's father.

Arthit praised Kongpob about how likeable Kongpob was, and how competent he was that every department that worked with Kongpob only praised him. Even their infamous stern accounting director Khun Papaga loves Kongpob like a long lost son. Kerklai couldn't help but chuckle knowing it's mostly true that Kongpob is a pleaser. They soon reached the production department, and Arthit pointed out Kongpob to Kerklai through a glass door to the department.

As Arthit was about to open the door for Kerklai, his arm was halted. He looked up to see Kerklai shake his head motioning him to stop. Kerklai says, "no need to go in, I don't want to disturb him working. I just wanted to see him." Kerklai lets go of Arthit's arm, and started to say, "When Kongpob said he wanted to intern at other companies instead of our own, I was a little disappointed. I was looking forward to having him home for a few months as his busy studies have kept him away from home for the most part. Also, his friends and probably lover has also kept him busy." Kerklai chuckled to himself, while Arthit just a gave an awkward weak smile. Arthit walked Kerklai to the front lobby of the building, and came to a stop in front of Kerklai's car. Arthit paid his respect, and wai to Khun Kerklai. Kerklai thanked Arthit for his time, and then left the facility. Arthit had no idea that Kerklai was very aware of who Arthit was to Kong.

AN: I made this chapter longer. Is that better?