Chapter 14

At the airport

"Kongpob, let me carry that. I can at least carry my own purse, silly."

"No, I've got it. The driver should be here already. Do you know what claim number our bags are going to be at?"

"Yeah, I heard them say 26."

Kongpob reached home, and excitedly got out of the car. Before he even reached the door, his mae and por were already waiting there. That night his whole family got together for dinner and celebrated his return.

His friends were just as eager to see him. Since tomorrow is Saturday, they've decided to go out for some drinks and catch up.

Arriving at B Bar, Kongpob finds his gang already there waiting for him. He goes over to them giving them each a hug. Even P' Prem and P'Bright was there.

Kongpob: P'Bright, I'm honored. I didn't expect you to be here. I could understand P'Prem accompanying Wad, but I wouldn't have thought you would be here.

Bright: Nong, of course I would like to see you. Besides, this is my bar. Drinks are on me tonight.

Everyone cheers to that. Then they turned their attention to the girl standing behind Kongpob. The girl was very cute. She was quite short, but her height only added to her cuteness. She had short hair with big eyes. She had pale and soft baby like skin. She's wearing a white eyelet minidress.

 She's wearing a white eyelet minidress

*** This is Shenyi.

Prae: Kongpob, who's your friend here?
Kongpob ushers his friend to the front.

Kongpob: This is my girlfriend Shenyi. She is half Chinese and half Thai. She can speak Thai, but she can't read it.

Shenyi: Hey, I can read a little.

Kongpob: Yeah, kindergarten level.

Shenyi playfully hits Kongpob, then shyly nods and waves to everyone.

May: Kongpob, your girlfriend is so cute.

Kongpob: Yes, she is very pretty and cute.
Shenyi, playfully hits Kongpob on the arm.

Everyone looked at each other for a moment.

Prae: Come over and sit with us. You've got to tell us how you managed to bag Kongpob. The number one bachelor in our group.

Tew: Hey, what am I? Chopped liver?

Everybody laughs except Prem and Bright who just smiled. They look at each other, and sighed. Then they both took a swig at their beer.

Kongpob: Does anyone know when is Oak coming back from Tokyo?

Aim: His contract got extended for another two years. He is actually in Osaka now.

May: Yeah, Aim and I are planning to go to Japan for Christmas. And we hope to visit him. We heard he got himself a Japanese girlfriend.

Tew: How can everyone get a girlfriend or boyfriend but me? I need love too you know.

Everyone laughs at that.

May: How about Maprang? Why don't you two date?

Maprang: Stop joking May.

Tew: Why? Am I that bad?

Maprang: No, that's not it. I didn't say that.

Tew: Then go out with me. What do you say? Tomorrow, I pick you up at 6?

Maprang: Fine, it's a date.

Maprang and Tew both smiling at each other.

Aim: Whoa, what just happened here? Tew and Maprang? Hohoho...

May stuffs some peanuts in Aim's mouth, and tells him to be quiet. Aim just hugs her tightly and happily eats his peanuts.