Chapter One

Hermione's POV

The day before Bill and Fleur's wedding, Mrs Weasley tried her hardest to keep Harry, Ron and I away from each other, to prevent us from planning to hunt the Horcruxes. At 9 pm we finally had time to talk about what we are going to do.

I had already packed a bag in case we had to leave on short notice. We decided we will leave the day after the wedding. However, it seemed fate had a different plan.

The next morning, I helped Mrs Weasley serve breakfast and check on the polyjuice potion for Harry's disguise as Barny Weasley. At around Lunch time I got into my red dress and helped Ginny with her hair and make-up then I headed outside to help with the tent for the reception.

As Bill and Fleur were having their first dance as Husband and Wife Kingsley Shacklebolt patronus arrive saying "The ministry has fallen, the Minister for Magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming." That is when all hell broke loose as death eaters arrived and trying to find Ron and Harry was a difficult task as the death eaters presences caused chaos and panic to save yourself.

We apparated to Shaftesbury Avenue, that was the first place I thought of not sure why but I did. "We have to get out of these clothes" I state to the boys as we walk around a corner and down a dark alleyway. I started to open my bag and started pulling out clothes, Ron asked: "How the bloody?"
"It has an Undetectable Extension Charm on it, Ronald." I stated as there was heard a crash from the bag, "Ah, that will be the books."

After changing we walk to a small cafe "What about all the people at the wedding? Do you think we should go back?" Harry asks. "They were after you. We'd put everyone in danger by going back." Ron replied. "Ron's right," I tell Harry. The waitress comes over and we order three cappuccinos.
"So where do we go from here?" Ron asks then adding "Leaky Cauldron?" I replied with "It's too dangerous. If Voldemort has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places is safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding." Two workmen walk into the cafe in blue jumpsuits as Harry remembers something and said, "My rucksack with all my things, I've left it at the Burrow." I lift my hands slightly off my bag and Harry replies "You're joking."
"I packed your rucksack this morning after you changed and I had all the essentials packed for days just in case," I reply.

All of a sudden, in the middle of our conversation Harry shouts "down" and the two workmen shoot spells in our direction. We duel until they are either frozen or stunned and then I tell the waitress to leave, also locking the door, closing the blinds and turning off the lights. Harry replies "This one's name is Rowle. He was there on the Astronomy Tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."
"This is Dolohov. I recognise him from the wanted posters." Ron states, " so what are we going to do with you, hey? Kill us if it was turned around, wouldn't you"
Harry firmly said, "If we kill them, they'll know we were here."
"Suppose he did Mad-eye how would you feel then" Ron replies. "It's better if we wipe their memories" Harry stated."You're the boss, Hermione you're the best with spells," Ron said while wiping away some blood from my chin. I said the memory charm "Obliviate".
"How is it they knew we were there," Harry asked. "Maybe you still have the trace on you" I suggested. "Can't be. Trace breaks at 17. It's wizarding law" Ron stated. Then I realised, "we didn't celebrate your Birthday Harry, Ginny and I, we prepared a cake we're going to bring it out at the end of the wedding," I said. "Hermione honestly, I appreciate the thought, but really given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of death eaters a few minutes ago," Harry replied. I said "Right. Perspective."
"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe," Ron said.

We decided to apparate to 12 Grimmauld Place and stayed the night. In the morning, I woke up and couldn't find Harry so I walk around the house looking for him leaving Ron to sleep. Ron states he found something while looking for Harry and calls Harry to come and look. Ron had in fact discovered the identity of R.A.B who wrote the letter in the fake Horcrux-'To the Dark Lord - I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. - R.A.B.'

R.A.B.'S identity is actually Sirius's dead younger brother, Regulus Arcturus Black. However the main question on my mind does he actually manage to destroy it and by the looks on Ron and Harry's faces, it seems they were thinking the same as me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first chapter is more of the original plot not my own yet but gives background. This plot belongs to J.K Rowley. The picture is off of Google and is Hermione's dress at Bill and Fleur's Wedding.