Imagine #39 part 3

It's been a week since me and Denunez started dating. Now it's our second week already. I packed my backpack with some essentials. Snacks, blanket, house keys, lip balm, comb, water, and phone. Denunez was already at my doorstep waiting for me. Our 7th date already, we decided to do a picnic at the sandlot. (And I oop- ) "you ready?" Asked Denunez. "Yes" I said grabbing his hand. "So are the boys gunna be there?" I asked awkwardly. "No. Don't worry I told them we needed the sandlot today." He said hugging me. "Were they ok with that. Knowing them, they'd be pissed because they never missed a game" I Said fidgeting with my keys. "Well, they were mad but I told them I'd pay for the carnival next time we go. I'd also buy tobacco. The things I do for you!" He said squeezing me. I chuckled. "And Benny?" I asked biting my tongue. I hate asking so many questions especially when they have the name Benny in it. "What's with the questions, can't we just enjoy this picnic without worrying about the guys and what they think. I like you! And nothing can change that" he said kissing my cheek. "Ok" I whispered. We got to the sandlot and placed a blanket down and took out the snacks and a laptop. "What do you wanna watch" Asked Denunez. "I don't know you choose" I said. "Ok let's watch 42" he said happily. "Again?!" I whined. "What?" He Asked. "Whats with you and Jackie Robinson" I chuckled. "I have you know he is my role model in the baseball world and he's a legend, being very calm with racism" he said fangirling. "Ok ok!" I Said. "Let's watch grease" I said. "That stupid 50s movie with those cheesy gangs and lack of singers!" He complained. "Wow! I can't watch grease ?! I hAvE YoU KnOW" I laughed. "H A HA H A" he rolled his eyes. "Fine let's watch it" he said. We played the film and I got comfortable with Denunez. I cuddle between his legs with his arms around my waist. We finished the food and movie and it was already getting late. "C'mon let's get you home" he said cleaning the place up.
We got to my house. "I'll see you tmr at school" he said kissing my cheek. "Yea" I Said opening my door. "Alright goodnight" he said. "Goodnight" I Said walking in.

Next day
________
It was 7:15 and I was about to miss the bus. "Bye mom!" I yelled running to the bus stop with a piece of toast in my hand. "Hey y/n" Said a deep voice. I turned around to see Benny. "Hey" I Said nervously. We haven't talked a lot since I got with Denunez. "How's it going" he asked. "Great" I Said too loudly. "I hate to ask but how was the date yesterday" he asked. "Oh. It was fun! Yeah. Your ok if we have some of our dates at the sandlot right?" I asked nervously. 'Come on y/n you've known this kid your whole life'. "No! I mean yes! Yes I'm ok with you guys having dates there" he said scratching his head. "Y/N I've been meaning to tell you something. I..." he stuttered. "Yeah" I smiled. "Well y/n y/l/n I-" he was interrupted by Denunez. "Hey babe" he said placing his arm around my waist. "Hey" I Said shyly. "What's up Benny man" he said fist bumping him. "Um. Well, Benny was just about to tell me something" I Said looking at him shyly. "Yeah well um. Maybe later." He said facing forward as the bus was loading kids up. I sighed and fake smiled at Denunez. 'I miss you'. We arrived at school. Though the ride there I was in my own world thinking of Benny. "Hey!" Said Denunez. "Yeah" I questioned. "We're here" He said taking my hand. We got off the bus and walked towards the guys waiting outside school. "What's up Denunez" Asked ham. "Nun much just with my favorite girl" he said hugging me tightly. I chuckled and looked at Benny, who looked down. "Bleh" gagged squints. "Shut up" Said Denunez. The bell rang.
"Alright I'm off" I Said leaving Denunez. "Wait" he said about to kiss me. I curved him, he kissed my cheek instead. "Bye" I Said quickly walking away.
Was I loosing feelings, it hasn't even been a month.
*lunch time*
"Hey Babe" Said Denunez.  "Hey" I Said sliding my books into my locker. "let's get lunch" he said placing his arm around my neck. "Ok" I Said smiling. We walked to the cafeteria to see the guys already sitting down. "How was algebra" Asked squints. "Fine" I said sitting between smalls and Denunez.
"So I heard there starting baseball and softball tryouts Friday after school" spoke Bertram. "So who's trying out" Asked smalls. "I mean I love baseball but I'd prefer playing with you guys instead. None of that varsity, JV crap and breaking up the greatest team already" said Denunez. "What about you y/n" Asked ham. I was busy looking for Benny. I needed to speak to him about this morning. "Babe" Asked Denunez. "Um. What, sorry... I gotta go" I Said getting up and kissing Denunez cheek before leaving. "That was weird" Said Smalls.
I walked to my locker trying to get my mind off Benny and focusing on my feelings. This can't happen. I just got with Denunez, I committed to being with him. But, what if I just did it to get Benny's attention. No! No! Ugh! I probably did it because I was mad that he lied. Gosh I'm an idiot. "Hey" Said a deep voice called focusing me on the real world. "Hey...Benny!" I squealed realizing it was him. "Yeah" he chuckled. "We need to talk" he said. "Yes we do" I Said.
"Look. I've been meaning to tell you something"
"What happened today in the morning"
We talked at the same time. I chuckled and so did he.
"Ladies first" he insisted.
"What happened today at the bus stop. You were going to say something to me but Denunez interrupted you and it must've been personal because you didn't wanna say after he interrupted you." I said catching my breath.
"Well. That's why we need to talk. About this. So um.  Y/N I really ... I - dammit ! I swear it sounded better in my head." He said trying to find the right words.
"Y/N!" Yelled Denunez. Great.
"Yeah" I smiled. "C'mon we got bio next" he said. "The bell hasn't rung yet." I Said looking at my phone. "Well we gotta get there early I gotta ask Mr. Ramirez about tomorrow's test" he said grabbing my hand. "Ok, watch it" I Said getting irritated. "Ok but now" he said dragging my arm. "Hey!" Said Benny pushing him off me. "Watch it Rodriguez" Yelled Denunez. "Guys stop" I whispered. "If she doesn't want to go. She doesn't have to go!" Yelled Benny. "Mind your damn business Rodriguez. She my girlfriend so she goes where ever I go" he said gripping my arm tighter and pulling me. "YOU-" I stopped Benny by placing my hand in his chest. "It's ok. I'm gunna go. I'm sorry we don't finish our conversation. Anyways the bells gunna ring in a couple minutes." I Said walking away with Denunez.

After school

(Listen to "it's you" 🥺)
I was behind the school bleachers crying. Denunez was getting more abusive and scary. I can't break up with him now. He'll hurt me more. "Y/n" Asked Benny. I gasped and wiped my eyes. "Hey" I Said faking my smile. "Y/n I'm sorry for today. I don't mean to raise my voice but you shouldn't let a guy like Denunez treat you like that" he said grabbing my hands. "So about that conversation" I asked. "Um. It's nothing. Forget it" he said playing with my fingers. "How's your arm" he asked sliding his fingers to my arm covered by my sleeve sweater. "Fine" I Said stopping his hand from uncovering the damage. "Please. I want know your ok. He was asshole to do that to you! You need to break up with him y/n!" He Yelled a bit. "No! I love him" I lied. "No you don't! You need to!" He Yelled. I started crying.
"I can't. He'll hurt me" I cried. Benny didn't say anything. He grabbed both my cheeks and placed his forehead against mine. Then he kissed me.
"Why'd you do that" I sniffled. "Because i like you. Actually I love you !" He said happily. I smiled.
I broke up with Denunez the day after. He apologized for his actions and said it would be for the best. He didn't mind me being with Benny. He was the safest and softest guy out there.

________________
𝒪𝓀! 𝒞𝒶𝓃 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯℴ𝓃ℯ 𝓅𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓈ℯ 𝓈𝓉ℴ𝓅 𝓂ℯ! 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℴ𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝒹𝒹ℯ𝓈𝓉, 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸, ℯ𝓂ℴ𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃𝒶𝓁, 𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓃𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓈 𝒾𝓋ℯ ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝓌𝓇ℴ𝓉ℯ ! ℬ𝓊𝓉 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 ℯ𝓃ℴ𝒿ℴ𝓎ℯ𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓇ℯ𝒶𝒹 𝒶𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 ℴ𝓌𝓃 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓀! 😭💖