24

Take time to appreciate this AWESOME cover art by booboogum

Take time to appreciate this AWESOME cover art by booboogum. Honestly love it when I receive covers from you guys.

Alpha Sam

*********

Earlier

"Alpha, the pack border is just up there" Beta Michael pointed as he crouched down behind a bush. We are now at the border of the pack that hadn't granted us access into their pack territory to look for Eclipse.

"What is the plan, Alpha?" Jason asked as he crouched down with us.

"I'll go in and see if I can find Eclipse. If I am not here after 20 minutes then attack" I instructed both Beta Michael and Jason.

"Alpha that could be dangerous for you. I'll go instead" Beta Michael said but I cut him off before he could continue to object.

"No, I'm going to go, it is something that I have to do. It's my mate that could be in there" I looked at him straight in the eyes. "If I don't come back I want you to lead the warriors along side Jason in this attack. I trust you now. And I trust that you can also take care of the pack if anything is to happen to me" Michael looked at me in astonishment.

"Alpha, you...I...are you sure Alpha?" He asked, stuttering.

"Yes, you have proven yourself to be a better Beta than I have ever thought. But lets hope I find and return Eclipse and myself safely from this pack.

"Of course Alpha, but I am honoured either way" He smiled at me.

"Right, wish me luck" I spoke to Jason and Michael. They both nodded there heads before turning back to the warriors to get them ready to attack if all goes south. I pulled my hood up over my face and set off.

I sneakily passed by the border line of the territory. It won't be long before they are able to sense me in their pack.

I was quick to run away from the border and further into the pack territory. I made sure to cover my scent by a stream.

It didn't take long to reach some buildings in the pack territory. I smelt around them to see if I could catch Eclipses scent but came up with nothing. Just in case I looked into windows and just found bedrooms and kitchens.

I turned and searched in a different direction until I finally caught a faint scent of Eclipse. I quickly ran in that direction but came to a quick stop when I found a heavily guarded building.

This must be where Eclipse is, her scent is strongest here.

I trusted Beta Michael enough that I came to a final decision on my next move. I let the guards take me in. Hopefully straight to my mate.

*********

I continued to tug relentlessly against the silver chains. I wasn't going to sit and watch my mate get beat by this old man.

I ignored the pain the silver chains were creating against my skin and continued to pull until I could hear the chair start to crack. The guards in the room ran towards me and tried to stop me.

At some point Eclipse passed out from exhaustion and pain, and my wolf couldn't take it anymore. He took control and ripped the chair into pieces before lunging at the Alpha. Guards started to pile into the room to try and stop me, but my wolf just took out guard after guard. He wasn't letting mere guards get in the way of his mate. He was too in shock to retaliate; he must have not expected me to be able to break through the chair or the chains. He watched me fight against the guards until it was only him left in my way.

"Just because you took out most of my guards doesn't mean you can beat me. I'm the Alpha. I'm male, you're female. It's obvious who is going to win" He smirked confidently at me, though I could see a hint of uncertainty in his eyes.

Danver growled at the alpha as we both circled each other. I wasn't about to let this guy win. My body was getting weaker by the second. Having to fight all those guards left me with claw marks all over my body, which was causing me to lose a lot of blood.

I studied him to find any weak spots but found no obvious ones. He suddenly pounced at me but I was able to move out the way before he could touch me.

"Fast reflexes" He said before bringing up his hand and scratching my cheek with his claws that had extended out. I wasn't able to move fast enough, not expecting the attack.

"But not fast enough" He laughed. I ignored the pain and lunged at him. I shifted into my wolf mid-air and was able to cut his side.

He was quick to shift into his wolf and pounce onto me. We continued to fight each other, scratching, biting and pouncing until the door was slammed open. Five people walked in, I recognised Jaxon, Rita and Holly but not the two older people that walked in behind them.

I yelped in pain when a sudden force knocked into my side. A heavy weight was left on top of me. I opened my eyes and saw the Alpha looking down at me. Before I could growl at him the alpha was pulled off of me.

"Alpha, look" Jaxon pointed over to Eclipse. I looked over to see her bones moving under her skin. A weak grunt of pain left her lips. I rushed over to her and took her hands in mine. Her parents had also shuffled over to her. My wolf howled in worry at the pain our mate was going through, he knew what Eclipse was about to go though and he sympathised with her pain.

"What's happening?" Her mother asked, her eyes frantically looked over Eclipse. "Why isn't she waking up? Why is she shifting?".

"She hasn't shifted before, her wolf is finally ready to come out"

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Remember. The next chapter is out now on Inkitt, one week earlier than Wattpad. Details are in my description.