28

Eclipse

"I'll leave you guys to catch up" Sam stood up from her chair. She had an almost sad look on her face, but I couldn't determine what it meant. And why she could possibly be sad.

She leant down and kissed me on the cheek. I was quick to grab a hold of her hand before she could walk away. I pulled her hands down towards me, forcing her face to come closer to mines.

I let my lips connect with hers in sweet, and overdue kiss. She mumbled goodbye against my lips before heading towards the door and walking out. I stared at the door for a few seconds after it closed

"I'm very glad that you have found your mate honey" My mum smiled at me, taking my hand in hers. "and we don't care that she is a girl"

I looked up at my mum in confusion "Why would it matter if she were a girl or not?" I asked.

"Some people are very closed minded and don't understand that love has no gender. And they don't like the relationship that you guys have since it is between two women instead of a woman and a man."

I continued to look at her in confusion. What does it matter, I love her and she loves me. I have never met anyone that has said anything mean to me and Sam.

"Some people see it 'unnatural', which personally doesn't make sense to me but look Eclipse, its nothing to worry about. I'm sure not many people are like that anymore." My dad explained. I nodded my head along with him. I still don't understand much. I thought that what me and Sam have is natural. Why would somebody say it isn't natural? Ill have to ask Sam later on.

I had spent the entire day with my parents and it was time for them to go rest, Alpha Sam had let them stay in a room in the pack house since they didn't have anywhere to stay. Once they had left I settled into the hospital bed and tried to sleep. It didn't matter what I did but I just couldn't sleep. I felt like I was missing something. I frowned before closing my eyes again.

I continued tossing and turning for what felt like hours before I heard a knock come from the door. I sat up slightly in the bed as the door was opened.

I let out a sigh of relief once I saw it was Alpha Sam. " I wanted to see you before I went to sleep" She said, closing the door and walking further into the room. A smile came onto my face and I patted the space next to me on the bed.

Alpha Sam raised her eyebrows at me before shaking her head and letting herself onto the bed. She pulled the covers up and turned to look at me.

"Sorry, I just can't sleep" I explained. Throughout the entire day I had been trying to slowly start using my voice more and more. I left it to rest a lot of the time, letting others speak and I just nodded along. But I do already notice my voice becoming stronger and stronger.

"That's fine. These last few nights I've also been finding it hard to sleep without you next to me" I smiled at the thought, she missed me. I cuddled up to her and sighed. It felt good to know that I wasn't the only one feeling this way when alone in bed.

"You look tired, sleep" She tightened her grip on me slightly before kissing my forehead and resting her head back against the pillow.

"I love you" I whispered before shutting my eyes. I head Alpha Sam's heart beat increase slightly before it calmed down again.

"I love you too"

***********

Alpha Sam

I woke up the next day to the hospital rooms door slamming open.

"The Alpha escaped" Carlos said running over to the side of the hospital bed. I shot up in the bed.

"What!? What do you mean he has escaped?" I asked, I tried getting out of the hospital bed but tripped on the covers and fell onto the floor.

I heard Carlos laugh at me as I stood up.

"What are you laughing at, lets go, we have to track him down. How the hell was he able to escape?" I started running to the door. This can't be happening. I was so happy that he was finally locked up and out of Eclipses way. He is a threat again, and it wasn't too easy trying to catch him the first time.

"sike" I heard Carlos yell from behind me. I stopped just in front of the door. He was joking? I breathed heavily.I don't take jokes lightly, especially jokes this serious.

"I'm going to kill you" I huffed. Carlos immediately stopped laughing. I ran and stood on the other side of Eclipse's bed.

Shoot how would have Eclipse reacted to that. She has had a pretty traumatising experience with the Alpha, that could have scared her. I focused my attention onto Eclipse's face and saw that she was a bit shaken up but was smiling looking over at Carlos.

"Look, Sam, my lovely, beautiful, intelligent and powerful sister. It was just a harmless joke" He tried complementing me to get out of his ditch that he so nicely dug himself.

"Get out of my face before I do something I'll regret" I wanted to focus on making sure Eclipse was alright. Traumatic experiences like her past with the Alpha could have gave her ptsd. Carlos coming in and saying that could have really triggered her.

Carlos thanked me before running out of the door. I walked over to Eclipse who seemed to be spaced out.

"Are you alright?" I took both her hands into mines. She jumped from shock. Her hands flinched out of mines for a few seconds before she took them back into hers.

"Yeah, im fine, just got a bit scared. But I promise, im fine" She said. I looked at her, trying to see if she was lying.

"Okay. I love you"

"I love you too" I will never get tired of hearing her say that.

I am really sorry for the late update. Just trying to finish off all these essays I have due in for Uni. I will try update more frequently. 

This was basically just a filler. Cute tho. Hope you enjoy, I really just wanted to get something out for you guys.

ALSO, IF YOU LIKE CHICKEN NUGGETS GO FOLLOW MY NEW INSTA DEDICATED TO CHICKEN NUGGETS.
Link in my bio. ^^^

ALSO, REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT INKITT. ------>>>>>CHAPTER 29 IS OUT NOW.