Bittersweet

Mya

"Tweak, shut up." I grimaced. He smacked his teeth and followed closely as we walked through Footlocker.

"Ok, how about this one?" Tweak asked before trying to rap again.

"Aht! No." I said while waving him off. He rolled his eyes and took a seat on one of the benches.

"I think, that if you'd just listen to me for once, you'd see that I got bars." He nodded. I laughed and picked up a pair of shoes.

"The only bars you got are the ones in your shower." I said. He shrugged his shoulders and started tapping at his phone. I picked up a pair of pink and black Jordan's making sure to check the size before trying them on. Since Surge was already standing beside me I used him for support while I bent down to put on the shoe.

"Aspect staring at yo' lil booty." Tweak laughed. Once I got my foot in the shoe I stood back up and walked around.

"I thought you ain't like me." I said to Aspect. He shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"I don't, you're annoying as hell, you just got a nice ass." I peeped Surge rolling his eyes.

"Thank you?" I questioned as I put the shoe back into the box. After picking out two more pairs of shoes, Aspect bought them using my dad's card. We all walked out of Footlocker just as my phone started ringing. Since my last phone had been taken away by that Jobari dude, I had to get a new one. The only people who have my number currently, are Surge, Tweak, and Arianna, so I was surprised to see an unknown number.

"Hello?" I waited for a response and shortly after, I got one.

"Hey Mya, it's Quan." Just hearing his voice again made a smile appear on my face.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just checking on you, how you doin'?" I rolled my eyes and smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"I'm Gucci, how 'bout you?" I asked as we walked towards the direction of Forever 21.

"I'm aight, I'll be better once I come see you tho'." He sounded cheerful which made my smile grow bigger, but it quickly turned into a frown once I saw Surge and Aspect grimacing. I turned the volume on my phone down before continuing our conversation.

"About that, my dad doesn't think it's a good idea for us to be seeing each other." I stated. I heard him scoff from the other end.

"Why he said that?"

"Because you workin' for the enemy." I said in a duh tone. Before he could say anything, Aspect snatched my phone, hung up, and then put it into his pocket.

"Why you speaking to him if he with the enemy, that's stupid." Tweak said.

"Y'all don't know the half, so be quiet." I scoffed. Aspect chuckled lightly while Surge raised his eyebrows.

"The half we don't know doesn't matter, don't speak to someone who works for the nigga that wants yo' head." Surge stated.

"Only because I like you, I'mma agree with you." I said.

"Speaking of that, she called you sexy." Aspect laughed. Surge grinned as we finally made it into the store.

"Well, you know." He said, brushing off his shoulders. I shook my head and started scanning through the racks of clothing. When I looked up, Surge was on the other side wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sucka you not even cute." I mugged. He chuckled and nodded his head.

"I know I'm not, I'm sexy according to you." He smiled like he had won something.