Mischevious Ideas

Unrevealed

"What's popping D'!" I dapped him up and took the available seat next to him.

"What you need?" He sighed before throwing his shot back and hissing at the burn.

"How've you been holding up lately?" I questioned. I waited for a response but never got one. He just stared blankly at me before speaking.

"What makes you think that after years, you can just come back and talk to me like we're cool?" He mugged. I shrugged and spun around in the barstool.

"I think you'd want in on what I'm about to tell you." I smiled. He rolled his eyes and got up to leave. I quickly grabbed his hand but he yanked it away.

"It's about Mariah." I grinned. He slowly took his seat and stared at me.

"What are you getting at? Because Mariah's buried six feet under right now." He stated. I nodded and ordered a shot for myself.

"You wanna get back at her husband?" I smirked. He licked his lips and looked away as if he was thinking about it.

"What are you thinking about doing?" He questioned. I grabbed the small shot glass that was placed in front of me.

"What if you helped me do away with him?"

"How can I help?" He asked with a little irritation in his voice.

"I'mma need you to go back to your old ways, just for a minute." I said before downing the shot. I hissed and slammed the glass back on the counter.

"You mean, slinging and killing?" I nodded and held up a finger.

"Minus the slinging, you don't need to do that. I just need you to help me think of a way to kill ole dude. That way, you don't have to reminisce on the time yo' life went down because of him, and you'll feel better knowing that he doesn't exist anymore." I smiled proudly. He nodded his head and rubbed his chin.

"Look, as much as I'd love to, I have a good thing going for me right now, and I don't need something to go wrong and I end up in some deep shit." He said.

"Nah, nothing bad will happen, have you forgotten who you are? You're like, the prodigy of Killing people and getting away with it." I said. He chuckled a little and looked around suspiciously before turning back to me.

"You know what, I'm in. Call me or something whenever you get this thing going." He said and handed me his phone. I put my number in and handed it back to him with a smirk.

"Pleasure doing business with ya."

Ja'Quan

I parked my car in front of the hospital and cut the engine before getting out and walking through the doors. This was the first time I'd be visiting Jinx since the incident.

I walked up to the receptionist at the counter who was popping bubbles she made with her gum while on her phone. I cleared my throat which got her attention.

"What?" She grimaced.

"Can you tell me which room Aaliyah Thompson is in?" I asked, ignoring her attitude. She sighed dramatically and did something on the computer.

"Room 68." She finally said. I walked away to find the room without thanking her. I heard her huff as I started down the hallway. After a minute of looking, I finally found her room. I sighed before pushing the door open.

Jinx quickly jumped and covered her head. I looked at her strangely and walked further into the room.

"I could've sworn I told somebody I wasn't taking visitors." She mugged.