You Again

Mya

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I looked around the room, trying to remember what just happened. The bright ceiling lights were already aggravating me. I could feel a slight headache coming on.

The room door opened and in walked a nurse. That's when I remembered everything that just happened a few hours ago. I sighed rubbed my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked. I mugged her and cocked my head to the side.

"I'm in a hospital bed." I stated. I hate hospitals with a passion. So much shit goes down in a hospital. Not to mention it smells like death.

"Yes, but are you experiencing any pain?" She questioned.

"Feels like I have a headache." I groaned while rubbing my temples. She nodded and passed me two small plastic cups. One with pills, and the other with water.

"What happened?" I asked as I popped the pills into my mouth. I drank my water, quickly swallowing.

"I'm not sure, but when you arrived, you had a couple of bullet wounds. We were able to successfully remove the bullets stuck in your arm and knee. They didn't cause any severe damage. However, we are going to have to put you on crutches." I nodded my head as it continued throbbing.

When Quan's father slammed me on the floor, I must've hit my head hard as hell.

"There's someone that wants to see you, is it fine if we let them in?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah yeah." I said waving her off. I didn't want any visitors right now, but I also didn't feel like hearing her aggy voice in my ear. She opened the door, leaving, allowing another body to submerge into my room.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten, hoping that by the time I opened my eyes, he wasn't still standing there.

"That's not helping shit Mya." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and watched him limp over to a chair. He leaned his crutches beside him and stared at me.

"Fuck you in here for?" I mugged. He sighed and remained silent.

"Get to steppin' nigga." I waved him off.

"Hold up, lemme explain my actions." He said.

"There's not one damn thing I want to hear an explanation for." I growled.

"Can you just shut the hell up and listen?" He scoffed.

"Can you get off your butt and limp yo' crippled ass out the door?" I spat. He stared intensely at me and I watched as his nose flared. I'm not gon' lie and say his face didn't scare me, because it surely did.

"We're completely capable of talking this shit out like grown individuals." He said calmly.

"With that being said, I want to apologise for killing your mother." He added.

"I don't want to hear a damn apology." I said while slowly sitting myself up in the hospital bed.

"Shit, I wouldn't want an apology either. I'd want justice. But all you can get right now is an apology." He shrugged. I nodded slowly, still annoyed by the fact that he's talking to me right now.

"Whatever, she wasn't my real mother anyway." I rolled my eyes and sighed. I hated being reminded that I was adopted, but my father explaining everything made it slightly better.

"What?" He questioned. I mentally slapped myself for remembering that I never told Quan I was adopted.

"I was adopted Quan." I said after letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Oh." He mumbled. "Well look, I really did like you, and I never meant to hurt you. My father told me I had to kill her, because her husband was fucking with something of his, and he wanted to kill her as a warning sign. But he sent me to do that. At the time, I was talking to you, we weren't even dating yet. When I took her life, I was completely unaware that she was your...adopted mother." He sighed and brushed his hand across his face.

"You know how...you want to help your dad kill off his enemies?" He asked me. I nodded my head, looking at everything in the room except him.

"That's how I felt at the time. I really didn't look into the shit I was doing. I was just doing it because my dad wanted me to." He shrugged. My eyes began to water as I thought about Mariah. She wasn't my biological mother, but sure as hell treated me like she was. I seriously had love for her, and for her to just die off like that, hurt me.

I took a deep breath before speaking. "Quan, you don't know how it feels, to lose someone that close to you." My voice cracked.

"Shit, I know how it feels." He mumbled. I wiped at tear that fell and looked at him. "Huh?" I questioned.

"I was raised by my father's enemy. I grew up with him, feeding me all of those lies. He was really my uncle. But one day, he had me do an exchange, and I found out the truth about him. Then he tried to tell me that he killed my real parents. I had love for him, because he did raise me for ten years straight, but he died that same night. My mind was so fucked up. I didn't even know what to do. But like they say, everything happens for a reason."

I continued sniffing. Hearing his story, plus remembering mine was picking apart at my brain. "I'm sorry." I mumbled. I understand that he was just doing everything for his "dad." I did almost kill him for mine.

"And why the hell was that so hard to tell me?" I joked a little.

"Yo' ass was gonna break up with me, and I ain't want that." He said, limped closer towards my bed.

"So, you did know she was my mother." I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he leaned against the wall.

"Nah, I found out when you had me pull up to your house for the detective to ask me questions." He stated. I nodded and fiddled with my fingers.

"Aye, I'm sorry for all the shit I put you through." He said.

"Everything happens for a reason." I semi smiled. He bent down and quickly but gently pressed his lips against mine, and without hesitation, I kissed him back. I reached my hands up and cupped his cheeks while he placed a hand on my bed for support.

The sound of the door bursting open caused us to quickly break away. My eyes widened in shock when I recognized the figure standing in the door post.

There stood a pissed off Tray.

-------------------------------------------

And I oop-

Tray found them! But he late ash though. 🙄

Do y'all think that Mya and Ja'Quan made up??

What's going to happen now that Tray is in L.A with them?

The only person missing is Arianna. 😂

Thank you to all of you who consistently vote/comment. I also appreciate my ghost readers.

Be eazzzyyyyy! 💯