Jealous much?

Mya

I held up the two dresses in my hands, carefully examining them. If I was going to 'Quan's mother's house for dinner, I had to look good, but modest.

After staring at the two pieces of clothing for a while longer, I decided that neither of them would be acceptable. One was too tight and the other was a tiny bit revealing. I threw the dresses back into the closet and sat down on my queen sized bed.

My bedroom door creaked open and Aspect's discombobulated face appeared.

"Ew, what yo' ugly ahhh want?" I mugged. I stood back up and walked over to my closet to pick out a different outfit.

"You been in hea' for a minute." He said. I rolled my eyes and flicked through the clothes on the hangers.

"You care because?" I pulled out a black T-shirt, some black ripped jeans, and a white furry jacket, laying the items over my bed.

"Just making sure you wasn't tearing up." He said. I snapped my head in his direction and grimaced.

"What you really come in here for?" I questioned. He rolled his eyes and walked fully into the room, taking a seat on my bed.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"When you start caring about my well being?" He smacked his lips and straight faced me.

"You Terrance's daughter, right?"

"You been smoking or some'?" I laughed while making my way to the dresser.

He sucked his teeth. "Is you hungry or not?"

"No." I replied. I picked out a yellow underwear set and walked into the attached bathroom, sitting them on the counter.

"For real? Only thing you ate today was breakfast." He said, sounding surprised.

"Well, I am hungry, very hungry. But I'm going to a dinner tonight and I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a lot of food that I want shoved down my throat, so I'm not eating to save room." I informed him.

"Who's dinner?" He asked.

"Someone's." I said as I prepped the water for my shower.

"Yo' lil boyfriend's?" He asked, making quotations as he said the word boyfriend.

"Mhm, and he's not my boyfriend. Like I said earlier, we're just friends with benefits."

"What kind of benefits?"

"Sucka why are you asking so many questions?" I mugged.

"Doesn't matter, I'm going with you." He said, standing up to leave.

"Uh, no sir, no sir you are not. You can stay yo' little behind right in this house."

"You forget what ya dad asked me to do?" He walked up to the door of the bathroom and stared at me.

"No, but I don't think he meant you have to tag along with me everywhere I go."

"You going to see that nigga who work for the enemy ain't you?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and closed the bathroom door. There's no use in trying to get him to stay home. He has a mind of his own and I didn't have the time to keep talking to him. I heard his chuckles fade away so I was guessing he left the room. I stripped from my current clothes and stuck a hand in the shower to check the temperature.
*
*
*
*
"You finished yet?!" I pulled my jeans up my thighs and stuffed my feet into my red vans. After spraying some perfume, I grabbed my phone, charger, and lipgloss.

"I'm coming, you impatient faggot!" I yelled back. I made my way to the living room where Aspect was playing 2k.

"Let's go." I said. He turned off his system and stood up, which allowed me to look him over. He was wearing a white shirt, black jeans, and his all white Nike air force 1's. It was pretty basic, but he looked really good too.