The Start Of A War

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

I pulled out my gun and aimed it at the man. Without any hesitation, I shot him in his knee, causing him to drop his weapon and fall to the ground. I heard him scream in agony as I hopped into the back of the van and sped off. After taking up on my fathers offer, Trey and I told him that we'd join. Jobari, one of my dad's workers, laughed as he swerved through the streets and onto the highway. For Trey, I'm not so sure, but I still didn't know if this was the life I wanted to continue to pursue. The job definitely kept money in my pockets and this is all I knew how to do. However, I'm very aware of the dangers and consequences that come along with it, but I just figured that I'd stick around for a little while longer.

"Aye, y'all did ya thing back there, good going." Jobari nodded to us through the day mirror. We veered down a street and drove recklessly through the tiny neighborhood.

"Slow down crazy, you gon' mess around and get us killed." Trey smacked the back of his head. They seemed to be getting along with each other pretty well. I wouldn't say I was depressed or anything, but I wasn't in the best mood. Not at all because of Mya either. I just needed to know where my life was heading and if I was going in the right direction.

"I got this youngin'." Jo laughed as he eased off the gas. I shook my head and started counting the money. Right now, my dad had us robbing from the other traps and stealing drugs, money, and weapons. I didn't know the whole story behind it but I'm guessing they stole from him and he's getting back at them.

"Hm, you see what's in there." I threw the bag at Trey and went back to counting. He nodded and started taking out the product.

"I bet they goods is trash. I don't even know why we stealing from them. All we getting in return is some dukie loot." After a minute of driving, we pulled up to the trap. Who knew that as soon as I got here I'd be robbing again.

"Only one way to find out." Trey shrugged as he opened up one of the bags. I quickly snatched it away and threw it in the bag.

"Don't try they crap dumb nut." He sucked his teeth and walked into the trap. Like always, the living room was full of niggas smoking and half naked women. I honestly hated the way these women carried themselves. It's like they have no respect for their body. They just throw it all on some worthless nigga. After rolling my eyes I barged into my dad's office and threw the two bags that we're full of money and weapons down.

"How'd that go?" He asked while trashing a blunt.

"Nothing I couldn't handle." I shrugged and took a seat across from him. He nodded and opened the bag full of money. Smirking, he started thumbing through the stacks.

"That money put a smile on ya face huh?" I chuckled and shook my head. Just over the course of two weeks, my dad and I grew closer. I learned a few things from him and a few things about my past. I guess we got that father, son type of bond.

"Yeah boy." He stood up before going through all of the weapons. It was mostly grenades and AK's.

"Go ahead and take this down to Gee," He pointed to the bag full of cash. "You already know who to hand the weapons to." I nodded and left out of his office. After giving the money to Gee, I went down to the basement where I usually find Jinx. She was cleaning off the guns and hanging knifes. The way she stared at weapons had me a little intimidated, but her being fine as hell made up for it.