A Bad Suspicion

Mya

My hands glided across the keyboard as I continued to type several words onto my document. This is the third week at my new job and I honestly loved it. I couldn't ask for a better job, and Tray definitely came through.

There was a slight knock on my door so I raised my head to see a smiling Tray.

"You good baby?" He walked over and kissed my lips while looking over what I was writing. I nodded my head and finished up the last sentence.

"Okay, I'mma get out your way then."

"I just finished up, you're not in the way." I reassured him. He chuckled lightly.

"I got more work for you though." I rolled my eyes before getting out of my chair and stretching.

"Yeah well, it's my lunch break, so whatever you have, is going to have to wait." After wrapping my arms around his neck, I pecked his lips and then grabbed my wallet off of the desk.

"Where are you about to go eat at?" He asked while grabbing my waist. I just shrugged. "I don't know yet." He nodded and walked me to the entrance of his building.

"Be safe." After giving him one last kiss, I walked to my car and drove off down the street.

Tray and I have been dating for a week and some change now. Everything is smooth so far, and I definitely like his vibe.

I settled for Bojangles, because I just had a strange craving for it. After parking the car and getting out, I heard a click. I could've sworn I saw someone to the right of me, but when I turned to look, no one was there. I simply shrugged it off and headed to the counter to place my order.

After ordering, I sat down at an empty table and waited. The restaurant was rather empty, so I scrolled through my phone while enjoying the silence. A few other people started to enter, but only one caught my eye.

He was a tall, fairly slender man dressed in a long black trench coat, a black top hat, and sunglasses. His sunglasses hung from his shirt while his coat was left unbuttoned for a less intimidating look. He walked up to the counter with his hands in his pockets. He turned my way and smiled. I quickly looked back down at my phone. He must've caught me staring.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing sitting all alone?" I looked up to see the man with the black trench coat. He was sitting directly across from me with his head tilted down at an angle.

I know we shouldn't always judge people, but he just gave off a bad vibe. It almost frightened me at how deep his voice was. But I don't even get scared that easily.

"Minding my own business, which I advice you to do as well." I sassed. He chuckled and tilted his head up, allowing me to see the scar that ran across his eye.

"How about you give me your name?"

"Mya." I quickly replied. He smirked before getting up to leave. My food was brought to the table seconds after. I hastily grabbed my food and sped walked back to my car.

That guy gave me a strange feeling, and he definitely wasn't just talking to me to get my number.
*
*
*
*
"What's wrong baby?" Tray asked, noticing that I was still in deep thought.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Nah, tell me what's on your mind." He said as he climbed into bed with me. I shook my head yet again.

"It's nothing Tray." He sucked his teeth before pulling my back close to him.

"That nigga Quan still bothering you?" He whispered in my ear while caressing my waist.