So We Friends Now

(Mya)

The bell just went off signaling that it was now lunch time. I let out a breath of relief and walked out the classroom. I decided to eat outside since it was a fairly nice day. When I tell you a sis lips was chapped though. I pulled out some lip gloss and applied it to my lips while I pushed through the entrance doors. All of a suddenly I felt something bump against my head that made me drop my lip gloss, smearing some on my outfit in the process.

"Yo, I am so sorry!" I looked up to see a fairly pretty girl with blue eyes.

"Nah, it's cool." I said sending her a smile even though I was a little upset.

"Girl, just be honest with me. I know you a little mad, that sticky lip gloss just got on yo clothes. My bad I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Yo fit nice too, I just ruined everything." She said while shaking her head and twisting her lips to the side. I laughed a little at her actions and the way she talked.

"These clothes old it's no biggie." I bent down to get my lip gloss but saw pieces of hair and a few small rocks stuck to the tip.

"Well, this bad now." I said walking to the trash can.

"You know what. Don't even stress it. I'll take you to get a new one. I swear I'm clumsy." She said while leaning on the trash can.

"Really? You don't have to do that." I said a little shocked by her offer.

"I'm sure boo." She said while putting a gummy bear in her mouth.

"Okay, cool."

"My name is Arianna by the way."

"Mya." I said giving her a little hug.

"You new huh?" She smirked. I nodded my head.

"I'm not new obviously, but I could use some new friends." She laughed. I laughed a little to myself too. I'm cool with us hanging out and whatever, but I'm always careful with who I call my friend.

"Yo, hurry up nigga!" I turned around to see a cute light skin boy with a high top standing by an all white Lamborghini.

"They always doing something crazy." Arianna spoke. I turned to her and saw she was shaking her head in disapproval.

"Who they?" I asked recognizing the boy from earlier today.

"That's Ja'Quan and his little friend right there is Trey." She pointed. I looked back at the boy and saw the same guy from first period getting into his car.

"Cute right?" She grinned.

"No." I smirked knowing good and darn well she was right.

"You hungry? Cause I'm hungry." Arianna said. I nodded my head and followed her to what I guess was her car.

"This yo ride sis?" I asked a little shocked at how nice it was.

"You know it!" She yelled while dragging the "I." I shook my head holding in a little laughter.

"What we eating?" I asked her as I sat in the passengers seat.

"Ion know yet. But I got an idea." She said with a wide toothy grin.

"Oh dear lord, please let me not get into any trouble with this crazy chick." I spoke aloud as she backed out the driveway. Arianna looked me dead in my face and then busted out laughing. I laughed along with her while strapping on my seat belt.

"Girl, you is a trip." She said while wiping tears from her eyes.

"You wanna hear some music?" She asked while plugging her phone into the aux cord. I nodded and waited for her to play a song.

"Now, I'm no hood baby but I surely do act like one." She mentioned before pressing play on the song. I listened to hear what song she was playing and my eyes grew big when I heard what she put on.

"In the back with my people's off the Xan we might act up, come with caution cause you know we all strapped up, your girl she on me cause she seen a boy strapped up, but I can't her I just wanna beat her back up!" I rapped my favorite verse of Kamikaze by lil mosey while Arianna just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Oh so you like this song." She smirked.

"Yeah." I said while doing a little dance in my seat.

"But girl, why you skip the curse words?" She laughed. I shook my head and smiled a little.

"My mama told me cursing isn't lady like, so I try not to." I grinned.

"Goodie two-shoes." She smiled. I laughed a little at her choice of words.
*
*
*
*
Shortly after Arianna pulled up to a McDonald's. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of McDonald's. I'm not a picky eater, but I'm just saying they food ain't all that great. We both got out of the car and walked inside to the counter to place our order. I waited for Arianna to place her order and then I placed mine.

"Now will this be together or separate?" The man behind the counter asked.

"Together."

"Separate." We both said at different times. I gave Arianna a confused look.

"Sorry, it's together. I got you sis." She said winking at me. This girl is really something else. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little.

"Thank you." I said as we waited for our order.

"No problemo." She grinned.

"I don't know what I'mma do with you." I told her.

"Put a ring on this finger." She said flexing her cute little nails.

"Yeah, you crazy sis." I laughed.

"So does this make us friends?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess we can do that." I smirked.

"Bet." She replied while making a cute face. After we got our food we sat down at a table and ate while we had a casual conversation.

"Look." Arianna pointed to the counter where Ja'Quan and Trey stood.

"What about them?" I asked trying to sound like I didn't care.

"I'm trynna holla at Trey, ion know about you."

"He not even all that cute." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Whatever girl, I got a man anyway." She laughed.

"You got a man and you trynna holla at Trey?" I said while putting my hand over my heart to seem dramatic.

"Can a sis joke around?" She said with a sly smirk.

"Mhm." I looked up too see Ja'Quan already looking at me. I quickly turned back around to Arianna with wide eyes and stared at my fries.

"Was you looking at me lil mama?" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I looked up to see Ja'Quan biting his lip and examining me.

"Boy please, you are not all that." I said while waving him off.

"You sure about that?" He asked while sitting beside me.

"Ja'Quan please, no body want yo boo boo self. Bye hun." Arianna said dismissing him. I laughed a little while taking a sip of my drink.

"You know I'm a flirt." He said while grinning. I'd be lying if I said this man wasn't fine. He had a nicely shaped jaw and beautiful eyes. But looks can't deceive me.

"Alright I'll stop. But you cute ma." He said while getting up and leaving. I looked over at Arianna who was cheesing hard.

"What?" I asked confused on why she was smiling so hard.

"Y'all would be cute." She giggled.

"No." I said while rolling my eyes.