Chapter two. The glowing lights. Brother Bear

As the spirits of this world turned the poor hunter into a bear (much more dramatically than a Greek would) Thalia and Percy found themselves watching a very drunk grizzly fall off a cliff trying to escape his brother who was trying to gut him for killing his brothers.

"What?" Percy said out loud, confused even now.

"What's wrong?" Thalia asked, watching the proceedings, cloaked from the storm by Percy's powers.

"Just trying to figure out to explain what just happened to Annabeth later."

"Good luck with that." The Huntress laughed. "Although, even I have to admit that was quite a show."

"I vote to never tell Apollo or any of his children about it."

"Seconded," Thalia said. "They're being way to dramatic."

"Exactly." I just, " snap, "and someone is a bear."

He got knocked over by a paw attached to an angry she-bear!  "Turn me back!" Thalia yelled.

"Sorry!" Percy yelled, snapping his fingers once again and returning Thalia to her human form.

Once she had hands again, she brained him with a knife hilt. "Idiot. Shall we go before you accidentally turn him back to a human?"

Percy nodded but it was futile as Thalia was already gone, following the rapids.

Percy transformed into a seagull and followed her.

The poor hunter, key-knife or something, had fallen into a stream and was currently floating down it.

Percy and Thalia watched as he hit his head multiple times as he drifted, thoroughly unconscious from head trauma by now.

"What now?" Thalia asked once Percy had caught up, both turning back into humans once Key-knife drifted to shore.

"We are to show the way here to the wise shaman of key-knife's village. Her name is..." Percy squinted at the scroll. "Tanana." He closed the scroll. "Is Chaos okay?"

"Why the Hades are you worried about that kolos?" Thalia snapped.

"No, like, in the head?"

Thalia put her hands on his shoulders. "We are literally in post ice age Alaska babysitting a bear."

"Touche." Percy admitted. "Anyway we are supposed to say this to her, guide her to key-knife and then kick back and enjoy the show."

He showed his cousin the scroll and she read quickly before laughing. "That is so freaking cheesy."

"Come on. We need to get moving."

They both took off, heading to the smoke drifting up from the village.

It was small, about a hundred people, houses built of wood and furs scattered around a large fire. Up on the mountain, Percy could see a cliff, the inner wall covered in drawings and handprints.

"So, how we doing this?" Thalia asked. "I vote wolf or stag before changing back in front of this Tanana."

"Sounds good." Percy said, changing into a black wolf with green eyes.

Thalia turned into a silver wolf and both trotted out of the trees.

A child screamed and ran to his mother, the other children stepped back, watching with wary and awestruck eyes.

Thalia and Percy were both large wolves, ones who, in a normal pack of non-shapeshifters, would easily be identified as alphas.

They stalked forward, eyes on the older men, who had taken up crude spears with stoneheads.