If there is a war, I'll go.

Percy raised his shield and deflected the sliver arrow aimed at Annabeth's back, throwing knife already making a beeline towards the hunter, who backflipped out of the way and launched another arrow before she even hit the ground.

Percy deflected that one two, managing to hit her this time, the girl cursing as the green paint stained her clothes.

Leo's invention's, the Festus Rocket, had taken out about a third of the hunters, splattering them with green paint before they could fire more then one round at the Guard, with Apollo Guardians had taken out a dozen more by firing arrows from the cover of Elena's Mist shield.

Now they were about even in terms of numbers and the guard had rushed their advantage as they were close to midrange fighters for the most part, whereas few hunters could stay the same.

Thunder rumbled and Percy braced himself, knowing that either he or Clarrisse would be struck, as they were high-value targets in this game, as officers always where.

The lightning hit Clarrisse this time and Thalia crowed her victory, already moving her next target.

Clarrisse swore violently and stalked off the battlefield, verifiably soaked in silver paint.

"Parkour!" And there went Jazz, cackling like a psychopath as always, using hunters as a springboard, knives coated in paint. Why did Percy let her join again? Oh yeah, she was the most talented magic caster since Circe.

Screams of terror as Nico got involves.

A blast of heat as Leo, aboard Festus, took out more.

Insane cackling from the mages.

All in all, the demigods we're having fun.

The guard was far more suited to an open field then the hunters, which was where the wizards had insisted the battle take place.

They were watching from the sidelines, outside the barrier that was most definitely not the wizards' idea. If they got any closer, the illusion of the paintball fight they saw would dissolve to show the full-contact battle that was in progress.

"Duck!"

A Guardian was hit in the face with an areow adorned with a silver rubber duck, it's archer laughing at the disgusted look the Guardian gave her.

A flare of power and Percy dropped to the ground, arrows flying where his head had been as the moon goddess herself entered the fray.

Annabeth deflected the hit, only for the arrow to lodge itself halfway through her shield and stain her armor.

She swore and stalked off the field.

The battle was was nearing its end, only a dozen guardians and seven hunters still fighting it out.

"Hello, Percy." The goddess said, aiming her bow. "Shall we wait until our subordinates are clear? I would hate for us to accidentally hurt someone beyond what has already happened."

"Only ichor will be spilt tonight." Percy agreed, taking a defensive position.

They stareed at each other for a long time, watching the final skirmishes between their troupes from the corner of their eyes, not dropping their guard for a single moment.

The skirmish ended with three guardians remaining, breathing heavily but still in the game.

Percy signaled them to stay out of the fight, and they did, having seen Percy and Artemis go at it before and having no desire to be caught in the crossfire.

The wizards were shuffling uncomfortably as they watched, some getting impatient as Jazz, Elena and three Hunters reinforced the barrier as only children of Hecate could do, stopping any divine energy from getting out and affecting the mortal.