Chapter Agora

Percy sipped his soda, eyes on the fading god in front of him. "You wanted to talk. So talk."

They were in a diner, The Early Bird, a small place where Kronos, after getting over his shock at seeing his successor, offered to treat him at.

Kronos was in a suit with a fedora, drinking a coffee, his eyes every so often slipping to a woman with blonde hair in a red coat sitting at a different booth. "When Luke scattered my essence I faded from that dimension. I was able to bring myself together after a few decades, just enough to reform in this magic rich world, although in a far weaker state. I would liken my strength to a demigod child of mine, should I have ever had one."

"But why did you stick around?" Percy asked, carefully eyeing the car a cross the street watching them. Eliot Ness and Dean Winchester.

Wonderful.

"I finally understood how Luke overpowered me." He gazed at the mortal woman, a fond smile on his lips, looking at her the same way Percy looked at Annabeth.

"You fell in love?"

"With a mortal no less." Kronos admitted.

"Why are you bouncing through time, then?" Percy asked. "I can sense the timeline. It's a lot more flexible than the other worlds I've been too and I can feel that you and one other, " he glanced at the car across the street without moving his head, "are out of place."

"My form is solid but it's not stable. I have no anchor, I cant even manipulate the Mist.  Without worshippers I can't stay in the same time for very long. My throne, and then the Greeks served this purpose at first, and then the demigods as time moved on. Here, there is nothing, barely any true believers. I managed to put most of my power in this and that helped but I still need to recharge everyso often." He held up his hand, a ring with an infinity crest on his finger. "How are you stable?"

"I have over fifty priests, thousands of believers, and a throne on Olympus." Percy said, raising his cup for a refil.

"You've done well for yourself. You've been immortal for what? A century?"

"More or less."

They were quiet as the waitress refilled the soda.

"So now what?"

Percy sighed. "I came here with every intention on forcing you to fade." He admitted.

"I know. I won't be able to stop you either. I'm too weak."

They sat in silence for a long time.

Kronos leaned forward. "Come home with me. Meet my reason for staying in this time period."

"Does she know what you are?" Percy asked, switching to Greek.

"No. She thinks Im an ordinary mortal named Ethan who takes impromptu business trips."

"After Ethan Nakamura?"

Kronos nodded. "I figured I should honor the deaths of my men, even if they died in vain."

"They didn't die in vain." Percy said. "After the battle, the gods offered me a wish."

"God hood?"

Percy shook his head. "They offered but I turned it down. I wished that every demigod would be claimed and brought to camp, that the minor gods be recognized and given cabins for their children, that the Titans who did nothing but side with family be set free. The fates turned me into a god to fill your spot and hold the gods to their promise."

"I see. Will you tell more of what has transpired since I fell from my homeworld?"

Percy debated. "Alright. Let's talk more at your place."

-------------
Percy walked among the wreckage, his aura affecting everything in its path, destroying it beyond repair. He still needed to take the memories from the mortals on how to create a new dimension drill but he still had time.

It was rather interesting to see several different versions of the same person interacting, heroes each in their own right. After Percy had sent them back to their home dimension, he had stayed to watch the final showdown between Kingpin and the latest addition to Cabin 6's collective nightmares.

Miles Morales, a new Spiderman who had come under Percy's domain not ten minutes ago was currently swinging his way across New York, bringing hope back to thousands after the death of the last one.

Percy sighed. It wasn't his New York, no matter how similar it may appear.

He clicked his heals and ran up the wall, finding the missing panel and carefully extracting the "Goober" from the mainframe. He would take this to Leo and have him and Alexis work their magic to prevent this from happening again.

"Who the hell are you?"

He looked up, or rather down, to see an African American police officer on the ground, the new spiderman's father, if Percy was correct.

Percy clicked his heals, deactivating the magic and flipping to the ground, landing a few feet away.  He stuck out his hand. "Im Percy. You can call me a cleanup man, if you want."

Jefferson Davis eyes the thumb drive. "Son, Imma need you come with me."

"Why?" Percy asked, raising a hand.

Snap.

Jefferson blinked. Wasn't he just talking to someone? He need to get something. What was it?

"Davis!"

"Sir?" Jefferson turned to see the detective in charge of this case manuvering over the debris.

"What are you doing in here? We need you outside."

"Sorry, sir. I'll get right to it."

Percy watched invisibly as the policemen returned outside. "Now, just one more stop."

----------

Percy walked up to a random door on the street, knocking three time. "I request access to the Agora."

The door glowed white. "Anything to declare?" It said in a voice that sounded suspiciously like Janus.

"Yes. I declare this stupid."

"Welcome to the Agora." Said the suspicious Janus voice.

Percy opened the door and grinned. It was just how he remembered it.

Percy stepped back, returning to the mortal realm. He turned to the same door, this time opening it to reveal the land between the raindrops.

A glowing line appeared at his feet, leading him to the Harry Potter world, now running in his excitement to return to his Guardians.

He burst through, falling past the frame and into midair. Cursing, he transformed into a bird, and flew north.

After a quick flight he passed through the Hogwarts wards and landed, transforming back.

"Percy!" Jacob called out. "You're back."

"Gather the Guard. I have news. We have regained access to the Agora.

---------
I tried really hard not to publish until later but my will is weak. Enjoy.