Eragon gets his podex kicked because what's the point if there isn't showboating

"Come on little rider, you'll have to be faster than that."

Eragon swung his sword, trying to force Percy to hold still for one moment but so far had been unable to wrangle the messenger a corner.

Percy seemed to dance with his blade, moving in ways neither Eragon nor the elves had seen. For the god's sake, Arya had chased him into a tree only for him to run up the trunk and backflip over the princess.

"Don't overextend. You really should have a secondary weapon. Watch your elbow. Gods know I needed one sooner."

Eragon eventually exhausted himself trying to keep up with the green-eyed teen, who had somehow mastered a sword style as unpredictable and deadly as the winds within a storm cloud.

Having fun, Eragon?

"Not really." The rider replied, opening his eyes to see a worried dragon standing over him, blue scales shining in the light like a thousand diamonds.

That boy is a force of nature. A good ally to have, a bad enemy to gain.

Eragon sighed as Percy leaned over him as well. "Come on. No one wants to spar with me anymore. You're the only crazy one left. You might just live."

The last thing Eragon heard before he was being forced back by the spinning bronze was the echo of Saphira's laugh in his mind.
---------------
"Please let me down. I promise I won't do it again."

Artemis grinned maliciously and hauled her brother even higher into the tree.

Apollo was wrapped head to tow in celestial bronze braided ropes and handing upside down from one of the giant trees of the Beor mountains.

"Down you say?" Artemis asked. "He wants down, girls. Why don't we help him out?"

The three hunters helping the goddess grinned and let go of the rope as one, Apollo hitting the ground hard enough to crack a mortal skull.

Before the world stopped spinning, he was being pulled by his ankles again,  tied thirty feet in the air.

"Next victim!" Artemis yelled.
-------------------
"Milady!"

Nasuada looked up from her reports to see a messenger running in.

"I bring news from the Empire. The King has left the castle. He heads east towards Tierim."

Nasuada narrowed her dark eyes. If the mad King had left the castle for the first time in a century, that could only mean something of great importance had caught his attention.

"There are more reports, milady." The scout said. "Rumors are floating about saying a fleet of ships has been spotted in the same area and that they are sailing through the sky."

Nasuada looked to Angela who nodded.

"It seems these ships carry something Galbatorix wants. We must find them first. Send an envoy to find this fleet and invite them to Surda." She ordered her guard.

"Be careful, child," Solembum spoke, leaping from Angela's feet to the table where Nasuada had her papers. "These people are not to be trifled with or taken lightly. They can destroy you just as easily as they can destroy the Tyrant."

"What do you know?"

"Only that the winds have changed."
-------------------
Galbatorix hadn't ventured beyond the walls of Uru'bean in a century and how things had changed.

Tierm had grown, it's roofs angles to allow archers to ward off pirates. The crown jewel of the docks, the Dragon's Wing, larger than any ship Galbatorix had ever seen.

He didn't have time to sightsee however.

He broke the mind of a sailor, ripping from him the memories he wanted, of those foreign magicians who slaughtered an entire garrison for one of their own.

"I'm Jackson. Nice to meet you."

The sailor shook hands with the foreigner. "Conrad. Does your Capitan play to stay long?"

Jackson shrugged. He had long blond hair pulled up in a tail, and eyes as blue as the sky at high noon. "Not sure. We're waiting for some of our fellows to come from the north. We'll head south after that."

"Aye. It's good fishing down near Sharktooth Island. Just beware of the whirlpools. I've seen many a ship go down in the Maw."

"I'll let the captain know if he doesn't already. Thanks for the tip."

"Jackson!"

The foreigner spun as one of his crewmates ran up to him. "Jazz and her squad are being attacked."

"Coming," Jackson said, grabbing his bow and quiver. "Nice talking with you, Conrad! See ya!"

They vanished before Conrad could do anything besides blink.

"An entire garrison slaughter by five." Galbatorix mused. "All for the sake of a child. It will be a challenge to break them. But I do so love a challenge. Isn't that right, my dear Eldunari?"

And the screaming of dragons was music to his soul.
---------------
When Josie returned from escorting Murtagh back to his cell, she saw that someone had suggested the Velociraptor Challenge and Annabeth was very clearly evaluating her memories to be absolutely certain she wasn't being influenced by anything or anyone the day she agreed to be in charge of these idiots.

"Screech!" Sophie yelled, her opponent bursting out laughing, and he was quickly replaced by a villager who had been encouraged by the others to participate.

Bets were being made and as Sophie startled Baldor into laughing by gearing up and letting loose with a tiny squeak, Annabeth slammed her head into the railing by the wheel hard enough to make a dent.

Josie of course, immediately joined the line of waiting opponents.

She loved the Guardians.