It's time to D-D-D-Discuss Fae Economics. AKA, Favors.

"Fire in the hole!"

The giant spider roared as the Greek fire exploded, it's carapace going up in green flames that were being carefully directed and controlled by Percy and Leo.

Clarrisse pulled her spear out of another and roared her challenge, leaping for the largest of the cluster, armor already covered in the yellow of spider guts.

The Guardians had discovered/warned about the Acromantula nest and, on Percy's orders and Annabeth's advice, set up a ward around it that would alert the Guard should any arachnid larger than a kitten pass over it.

It seemed the call of Athena's blood had finally been too much, despite not a single one of the Wisdom Goddess's children stepping foot in the forest since the nest's discovery.

"They just had to pick today to swarm," Nico muttered, his sword covered in spider blood. "Couldn't have been two days ago. Had to be after the kids got here."

"Oh cheer up, Neeks." Will encouraged, taking out three spiders with a single arrow. "You act like this isn't good practice."

"Says the trick shooter." Nico mocked. The spiders rallied and the current incarnation of Death sighed heavily. "That's it. Get back."

The nearby Guardians leaped out of the way, knowing what was coming from previous battles.

The Substitute Reaper drove his blade into the ground and every single life form in a twenty-foot radius died.

As soon as the blade was removed the Guardians took advantage in the hole in the spider defensive line and managed to get to Clarrisse, who was fending off pincer strikes with her shield and spear.

A wave of water came crashing down from the clouds above, slamming into a dozen spiders and dragging them up again in a giant water bubble.

Percy was quiet, focused on the fight from his seat on Blackjack, his eyes narrowed. He hadn't been sure about that call to let the spiders live but both Hagrid and Dumbledore had argued to leave them be.

The god decided there and then to drag the eldest Acromantula back, legless if need be.

"Hey, Clarrise! Can you do me a favor?!"
----------
Minerva McGonagall stared in horror as a team of five Pegasi dragged an overly crispy Acromantula corpse from the forest.

Percy was in the front, still in his armor as he rode Blackjack, the pegasus black as night and as proud as a king, the pair leading the pegasi team as they came to a stop twenty feet away from the awestruck and horrified professors.

The rest of the Guard, some thirty fae, were all in armor, cloaks drawn and hoods up so the students watching from afar couldn't see the gore.

Percy started to unhook the pegasi, who all trotted towards the lake to cool down. Blackjack, however, remained by his partner's side.

"We had twenty spiders the size of small cars across the ward when the alarm was blown. By the time we arrived in force, most of the nest was heading towards the castle." Percy said, his tone the same one he used when the gods made stupid and easily avoidable mistakes that usually required the Guard to fix it. "The rest of the swarm is dead and I have a platoon on clean-up. By midnight, there will be no more in your forest."

Hagrid was thankfully not there and Dumbledore looked disappointed, looking at Percy like a child.

Percy looked at every one of the professors, avoiding Dumbledore's eyes. "We will be doing a more thorough sweep of the forest along with the castle itself to make sure that there are no more immediate threats to the students' safety." His eyes narrowed. "If you have any questions as to the results of our search please ask one of my Kidemonas to pass on a message. Now, if you will excuse me."