Okay, I just want to write this part before my birthday but failed.

"Roran."

Roran looked over at the captain, the strange man with eyes the color of the sea and hair as dark as a moonless midnight.

"How are the villagers settling in?"

"Good. Although some want to help around the ships."

"I'll let my first mate know. She'll help organize any volunteers."

Roran wasn't sure about having woman on a ship, but these foreigners had come from a far away land, one that didn't care what you were born as, as long as you could do the work.

They called the land they came from Earth, a land filled with strange magic that allowed them to perform feats that many believed was impossible.

Some of the Elders of Carvahal believed Earth to be the land of the Grey Folk, those who had came to Alegasia before humans or elves, bound their magic to the Ancient Language, and left.

Now, they had returned.

They had come to explore and trade, some staying on the ships and others, the ones who had found Carvahal under siege, leaving the main force to explore.

Roran was beyond grateful that these people had offered them aid, all because they didn't like seeing children suffer.

Thalia, a friend of the Captain's, had found little Marrien lost in the Spine when the woman and children had been sent away for their safety.

When she saw their situation, she sent them south towards Tierm with a message.

"Find Perseus. he captains the Argo Fleet. Tell him Thalia sent you and he will help you get to Surda. We're not very fond of King either." She said, followed by what Roran had assumed insults in her own language.

She gave them a scroll, patted Marrien's head,  and vanished into the Spine, a pair of white hunting dogs at her heels.

With plans to steal a barge should Percy not help, the Villiagers, after much debate, abandoned Carvahal to the soldiers who plagued it and the monsters hunting for Dragon Riders in the shadows.

Roran had gone into the shipping city with Horst and and a few others and found the Argo two and her companion ships.

After speaking with on of the crew, a blonde boy with blue eyes, they were taken to the captains quarters were Perseus and his first mate, a blonde woman with stormy eyes, were waiting.

"So Thalia is hunting in the north." Percy said, reading the scroll Roran handed him. "And she wants us to transport you and your entire village to Surda, away from the empire." His eyes narrowed. "Tell me your story."

So Roran did. He spoke of Eragon, and the blue stone, of his father's death, of the monsters that Sloan, his future father in law, had betrayed them too and how his fiance, Katrina, had been kidnapped, of the slaughtered villagers and their need for escape, Horst and the others who had come with him adding their own details where they could.

Throughout the entire story, Percy and Annabeth, his first mate, remained silent, only asking for clarification on certain points and keeping their opinion to themselves.

"So." Roran had said. "Will you help us?"

Percy read through Thalia's message again, and looked up at the recently elected Villiage leader.

"I will, but first, you must know some things."

Percy then told them their story, how they came from a faraway land to explore and trade, how everyone had magic, able to transform into the shapes of beasts of land, sea and sky, and how the King wanted them to fight in the brewing war.

"We don't appreciate his methods. He ordered some of our youngest taken to force us to fight, and by that act, he declared war against the Kidemonas and the Kybigoi."

"We will defend our ships and those on it with our lives but we've noticed that outside of the military people do not trust magic." Percy added.

"We can't afford not to trust you." Horse said, nudging Roran. "We thank you for your help."

Percy nodded. "You will need to bring some supplies on board and we will divvy up the villagers to each ship so have them form five groups. We'll load up a mile south of here in two days. See you then."

Some of the men who had come with them stayed to help load the Argo Fleet, leaving Roran and Horst to deliver the news.

Two days later they set sail to Surda.

The foreigners were strange, speaking of places Roran had never heard of, and singing songs in different languages, the sailors playing with the village children as well.

Marrien had taken a liking to a red haired girl who was about her age, names Jazz, a shortened version of the name of a flower.

"Okay, Marrien!" Jazz said, catching Percy's attention.

"Oh, no." Percy said. "I know that tone of voice." 

"Do it!" Jazz cackled.

Married took a deep breath and shouted with all her might.

"THE FLOOR IS LAVA!"

There was a made dash on deck as all of the foreigners scrambled for high ground, jumping onto robes and swinging onto the railing, balancing percariously between ship and sea.

Roran looked at Percy for clarification to find the captain scrambling to his own purchase on the railing.

"Captain?"

"The floor is lava, Roran." Percy said solemly as Jazz and Marrien laughed.

These foreigners were strange indeed.

-----------
Okay, for reference I'm pegging Saphira as a Six on my dragon chart and Shuriken as an eleven.
I am officially twenty one now which is absolutely terrifying. My uncle had me try some rum and it tastes like cherry cough syrup doused in coconut extract. Ewww.