The Actual Agora Chapter.

The Agora wasn't always in a pocket dimension. 

It started in Camp Half-blood, an idea from Cabin 11 and Cabin 6 and Cabin 5. 

It was first just a bit bigger than the camp store, specializing in specialized merchandise, mainly spoils the Ares campers brought in. 

Then Hecate  and Hepeastus campers got involved and it began to sell weapons, armor and jewelry, both enchanted and not.

Soon, the entire camp was in on it, trading wares and services. 

That's when the Romans got involved.

A portal was opened to allow them to visit. And then the Amazons, and the Egyptians, the Norse. 

Camp-half blood got to crowded so Percy, on Annabeth's request, stepped in. 

With the help of Hecate, Hepeastus, and Athena, the four Olympians created a pocket dimension that could be opened by any door by using the right words and password.

Percy took it upon himself to expand his newest gathering place of heroes.

And so the Agora grew as the Guardians encountered more and more pantheons, making treaties, and meeting new friends. They set up stalls, districts emerging over the years until in resembled a bazaar more than a store turned flea market, filled with over a dozen different pantheon followers and members.

It continued to grow, parks and theaters and carnival rides and swimming pools  being built and cared for by demigods and magic users from around the globe.

It became a place for family get-together, for friends to be reunited, safe havens to escape to when you were chased, somewhere mortals could experience their demigod child's world without being threatened by monsters or hampered by the Mist.

It was one of Percy's proudest acomplishments.

Percy opened the door, rapping his knuckles three times and declareing the entire process stupid.

The vast majority of the guard stood behind him, only a few staying behind to keep watch on the castle. They would be coming tomorrow, having lost the rather Epic rock-paper-scissors tournament to determine the ten that would be left behind.

For some odd reason, none of Athena or Hermes's kids had been left behind. Strange.

The door glowed white and opened, the Guard rushing through in orderly chaos into the vast cavern, lit up by floating lanterns, it's sprawling widths covered in stalls with vendors calling out their wares in a variety of ancient languages.

Percy could hear music from lyres as the Apollo kids sang for a quick drachma, the Roman Apollo kids trying to out do their Greek counterparts on the Sumbuca.

He could hear the calls of horses, pegasi and unicorns from where they were being sold, hunting dogs baying in the northern sector as their owners bartered their pelts gathered during the Hunt.

Thalia raced by him, called by the sound of the hunting horn.

As the Guardians dispersed, some running to the arms of surprised loved ones left behind when they were trapped, others racing off to sell their newest invention or discovery.

Annabeth took Percy's hand and they strolled through the Agora, heading for the Egypt district where he knew some old friends would be selling their shabti servents.

They ignored the bowing of the passerby and vendors, murmers of the Guard's return running through the crowd.

"Annabeth!"

"Magnus!" Annabeth let go of Percy to hug her cousin.

Percy hung back, inspecting a leather saddle decorated and spelled with hieroglyphs being sold by a woman with sun kissed hair and a cowboy hat.

"I have a friend who is a child of Hecate, my lord." She said in a southern accent. "I can ask for his help reworking some of the enchantments if you want."

"Can you do that and place my crest on the horn and fender?" Percy asked, inspecting the waterproofing runes.

"Sure can do. Any animal in particular you want the leather from?"

"Full-grain, with lightness runes, dyed black with the runes in silver thread. It's for my pegasus. He deserves a present that isn't a bakers dozen of dounuts."

"Would you like the wing and trail harness as well?"

"No, just the saddle. It will be for show more than battle."

"Gilded, my lord?"

"No, thank you."

The merchant pulled up a tablet, converting the price from gineth to drachma. "230 drachma. Half now, half on delivery.  I can have it done in two weeks."

Percy counted out the 115 drachmae and passed them over in a leather satchel. "I will see you then."

Had the saddle been for battle he would have hired Hepheastus or even the Elder Cyclops in Atlantis, but for a casual riding saddle, mortal work would do. Certainly cheaper than divine craftmanship.

He went over to where Annabeth was saying goodbye to her cousin. "Let's meet up for lunch in Brooklynn once we get back!"

"Sounds good." Magnus yelled back.

Alex Fierro waved, taking Magnus's hand. "See ya!"

"Did you order Blackjack another saddle when I wasn't looking?"

"No."

"Liar."

"It was only 200 drachma."

Annabeth stared.

"215."

"..."

"230."

Annabeth sighed. "We're gonna need to expand the tack room soon."

Percy shrugged. "Would that be such a bad thing?"

Annabeth sighed. "Come on. I promised your mom I would have you in the Eastern Park by noon."

As Annabeth dragged him along Percy smiled. It was good to be back.
----------
A streak of silver flashed through the Agora,pausing ever so slightly to run along the stall roofs, heading towards the calling of wolves.

"Phoebe!"

"Thalia!" The hunters cried, tackling their missing lieutenant.

"I missed you guys so much!"

"Thalia."

Thalia immediately fell to one knee. "My lady, I apologize for my long absence."

Artemis smiled at her, helping her to rise. "It is of no fault of your own, my lieutenant. You have nothing to apologize for."

Thalia returned the hug the goddess gave her. "Of course, my lady."

"Come sisters. We shall celebrate with a feast."

"How did you know I was coming, my lady?"

"The Master of the Guard Iris Messaged me. I knew you were coming possibly before you did. Come, we must enjoy what time you have here. Bianca has already left to find her brother."

Thalia smiled. It was good to be back.

-------
Nico hugged his sisters, both Roman and Greek.

"Long time no see, little bro." Bianca said, ruffling Nico's hair.

"Yeah, life just isn't the same without you jump-scaring the Roman part of the Guard." Hazel chided. "Jason is getting lazy, again."

"Well, " Nico smiled wickedly. "Can't have that now, can we."

As he pulled his sisters into the shadows he grinned fondly. It was good to be back.

-----------
My will is extremely weak.