Why do you people like Jazz so much? Fine! Here she is! Gods!

"Parkour!"

That was the only warning Captain Levi Ackerman, Captain of the Scout Regiment, aka, the Wing of Freedom, got before he faceplate due to a small child slamming into his back with both feet before backflipping off and landing on the tree next to him.

The tiny gremlin was soon followed by a group of five in the same sea-green cloaks, each just at home in the trees as the first. "Na epivradýnei as tachýtita daímonas!" One yelled.

Levi, who had been practicing in the training forest when he had been assaulted, did as any soldier would when they had been face slammed into a tree.

He chased down the culprit.

It was only after he fired up his 3DM gear did he realize his targets didn't have any.

They effortlessly leaped distances that a normal human would have missed by a long shot, running straight up trees without the use of their hands and changing direction by backflipping off tree trunks. One had even tapped Levi on the head as both were in midflight before ricocheting off a tree, all seven laughing like they were playing on a jungle gym, not performing impossible acrobatics.

Levi fired another cable, almost hitting one of the targets, the boy, for that's what his voice declared him to be, almost impossibly changing direction in midair by kicking off the cable itself.

Levi felt himself jerk and quickly righted himself by recalling the cables and landing in a tree.

He was breathing heavily, the intruders far more troublesome than even titans.

They landed crouched around him, bronze masks glinting in the light. They all wore green cloaks like Levi did only longer, with bronze armor underneath and no identifying symbols. He wondered if the color was enough wherever they were from.

There were seven of them that he could see, one of which was smaller than the rest, a child compared to near adults.

The watched him silently, taking in his measure. Levi glared back, one hand ready to draw his blade, the other resting on the grip of a flare gun.

"Travis! Can I keep him?!" The little one yelled. "He's shorter than me!"

Levi twitched.

"We don't keep mortals as pets, Jazz." Another spoke. Travis, Levi presumed.

"Aww. Can I give him a present then?"

"Go ahead." Said another, crouching down in the branches above Levi's head.

Jazz was suddenly in front of the captain, her mask off, revealing startling purple eyes.

Whatever they are, Levi thought, it isn't human.

"I'm Jazz. What's your name?"

"Captain Levi Ackerman of the Scout Regiment." Levi found himself saying, seemingly against his will, unable to look away from the gemstone eyes.

"Nice to meet you. You're older than you look. Are you like me?" The child asked.

"He's mortal, Jazz. Give him his favor and let's go. Percy's waiting." Ann older girl yelled.

"I'm hurrying." Jazz protested. She sighed and turned back to Levi, who had taken the moment he wasn't frozen by her eyes, to check his gas, which he was almost out of.

"Here." Jazz said, holding out her hand.

Levi numbly held out his hand and felt something small drop into it.

"If all seems lost, just sound the horn. We'll come and help." Jazz said, backing up.

She grabbed the hem of her cloak and swirled it around herself, transforming into a barn owl that took off into the forest, soon followed by the others, who each gave him a look before following their youngest into the dying light.