The Chapter where the Plot arrives five chapters late with Starbucks

"Annabeth!"

Annabeth looked up from the maps to see Sora in the door of the navigation room. "What's wrong?"

"There is a trio of riders on the shore. They said they were Varden."

"Varden?" Annabeth asked, turning to Jackie.

"Eldest was told mainly from Eragon and Roran's point of view. And neither of them knew what the Varden was up too."

"So it could be empire looking to trick us," Annabeth concluded.

"They want an audience," Sora said.

"And how do you know that?" Annabeth asked eyes narrowed.

Sora looked like a deer caught in headlights. "I may have swooped down and asked them."

Annabeth took a deep breath. "Please notify me next time before you get within talking range. These people are not like most mortals. They can and will kill us if they get the chance."

"Yes, ma'am," Sora said, looking properly chastised.

"Being the fleet to a halt! Secure the prisoner, increase son,ar sweeps, and the guard on the villagers. Have an archer squad ready themselves to cover a possible retreat!" She ordered, Kidemonas jumping into action. "And find me Jason, Piper, and Clarrisse! We have an envoy to speak to."
----------------------
Deitrich Godwinson did not sign up to be an envoy so he could deliver messages of a possible alliance to flying warships filled with magic users.

But here he was, completely terrified and most definitely about to deal with people who scared possibly immortal witches.

From the deck of the main ship, high in the air, small shapes jumped, spirling down to reveal four winged horses, each bearing a rider in strange bronze armor-wearing green cloaks.

They landed a hundred yards away, remaining mounted, and nudged their winged horses forward.

"I am Annabeth, second in command of the Kidemonas." The lead rider announced, removing her helmet to reveal long blond hair that Deitrich knew many noblewomen would kill for. Her eyes, however, were cold as steel and Deitrich knew without a shadow of a doubt, that should he or his compatriots prove hostile, they would be cut down without mercy. "You told my subordinate that you hail from the Varden and bear a message from its leader. Is there any truth to those words?"

Behind Annabeth on her right, sat a boy with blue eyes the color of the sky and hair the color of ripened wheat. There was a small cut on his lips, perhaps from a dagger or sword that barely missed him. 

On Annabeth's, left was a terrifying woman with eyes that glowed red behind her bronze helmet. A massive spear was strapped to her back and her winged horse was larger than most Varden Warhorses, bedecked in its own armor.

Behind the trio, directly behind Annabeth, was the most beautiful woman Dietrich had ever seen. Her beauty was beyond mortal woman, and even the elven ambassador Arya. Her eyes seemed to swirl hypnotically and Dietrich felt the urge to do anything she asked of him.

"Yes, Lady Annabeth," Deitrich said, snapping out of his trance at the blonde's words. "My name is Daetich Godwinson, ambassador, and Envoy of Lady Nasuada Ajihaddotir, Lady Nightstalker, and leader of the Varden. She has heard tales of your people's exploits and wishes to invite you south to Surda in hopes of garnering an alliance between the Varden and the Kidemonas."

"We are heading south, as our ships bear refugees from the north. However, at this time, our commander, Perseus, is to the North. Once he rejoins the fleet, and only then, will talk of an alliance be allowed. We will, however, accept your offer of meeting with your leader. Hopefully, Perseus will have returned by then."

"The Varden thanks you for accepting our offer of journeying south and wishes you fair weather and luck on your journey."

"Return to your leader and tell her we are coming," Annabeth said, inclining her head ever so slightly. "More talks shall happen then, but know this. We are no freind of that bastard in a crown. The Kidemonas shall host you and your escorts until morning and grant you any supplies you may need."

"We thank you for your kind offer," Dietrich said, minorly excited that he would get to see the world from aborad those magnificent flying vessels, even if the bronze dragon head moved to look at him.

------------
Josie stretched, getting all the kinks out as she turned her watch over to the next poor victim.

She liked Murtagh. He was as embittered and cynic, if not as crazy as most demigods so they got along well. He was sarcastic as they came and she enjoyed their verbal battles.

And Thorne was adorable and willing to do tricks and be used at a lap warmer if you gave him ribs slathered in Honey Barbeque Sauce.

"Ooh, that sounds good," Josie said to herself.

"Hey, did you hear about the mortals yet?"

Josie stopped to look at Kayla, who was waiting by the door, pet chipmunk tucked into her hood. "What mortals?"

"They say they are from the Varden." She said conspiratorially. "We dropped anchor or whatever it is Leo does to stop us from moving so the top four could go talk with them. I heard from-"

"I don't care. I want sleep." Josie said, pushing past her and opening the door of her assignned cabin. "Night."

Right before the door closed, she could hear Kayla pouting. "No one liked a good story anymore, Nutella."