Binglebangledingledangleyikkididiyikkidapingpangtippytappytoota

Conner threw up his hood, seeing his brother do the same before both faded from sight. He could sense the other scouts, mostly his brothers and sisters but some mages were among them, just in case, and knew that each one had his back.

They had a mission, one that Percy and Annabeth had been reluctant to give but they were far outnumbered by the empire. Even with the dragons, literal gods and downed catapults the odds were not in their favor.

"Look. The Empire isn't forces from tartarus, beasts from the sea or forgotten giants trapped under mountains. They are humans who were conscripted. They have families, freinds, and only one life. This will not be like killing monsters in New York. I am offering to you now, a chance to stand down, to join support. We will not look down on you for not dirtying your hands with human blood."

A few had stepped back, those who were actually the age they looked and, just as he promised, Percy didn't look at them with any anger or contempt, more relief than anything else.

The god had promised he would do what he could to encourage desertion and that deserters would escape safely but those who didn't would still die.

Killing monsters was one things. Mortals was completely different.

Conner ghosted through a patrol line, the oblivious soilder he passed more a boy than a man and he prayed to both his father and Percy that he would run at the first war horn.

It was early in the morning, not even the cooks were awake which was exactly why Conner was there.

He knew from earlier where the cook tents were for this section of the camp and crept towards the cookpots, reaching inside his bag for the vial Apollo had given him. People forgot healing and sickness went hand in hand.

--------------

Earlier that day.

Hermes looked between his half brother and his cousin. "You alright, Percy?"

Percy shook himself from his trance. "Yeah."

Hermes exchanged another glance before the half brothers hauled their cousin up by his arms. "No you're not. Come on. Time for wine. I raided Dionysus's cellar before we came here. Athena hasn't been able to keep me out before and she still cant."

"And he's only willing to say that outloud because she can't hear us here." Apollo stage-whispered and for the first time since the guardian meeting, Percy smiled.
------------------

A massive blue dragon landed on the outskirts of the Varden camp, her rider dismounting.

"Argetlam. " Said the elf, striding up to Eragon with unnatural grace. It was almost as if he was trying to be obvious in the fact he wasn't human.

"You see the giant floating ships in the sky, too right?" Eragon asked, staring up at the now visible ships, one larger one with several other's orbiting around it slowly. They must have been warded to only be visible from the Varden line.

"The Kidemonas. Lady Nasuada has formed a temporary Alliance with them." The elf said. "They are...strong allies."

"I'm Eragon." The Rider said, redirecting the conversation from the uncomfortable direction it was going.

"Blodgarm."
-------------------
Percy slipped away from Hermes and Apollo while there were distracted by the dragon guzzling an entire barrel of beer.

He pulled up his hood to avoid the mortals and headed back for the Argos when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Annabeth smiled at him. "Come on."
-------------

"How did you find this place?" Percy asked, feeling Annabeth's fingers in his hair.

"I had Katie and Zach make it." The Lieutenant admitted. "And Jazz ward it to Hades and back.. You needed a break."

Percy sighed, looking up at the out of season tree covered in an assortment of perfectly ripe fruit.

"Remember when it was simpler?"

"Junping off the Gateway Arch simple or explain to the cops that it wasn't our fake child's fault while the Stolls broke them out of lockup simple?"

Percy laughed and closed his eyes. "The second one. Less confusing."

Annabeth laughed too and leaned back in the tree. "Remember the first time we had to go in to the station?"

"It was Josie and she had beaten up a white supremist I think?"

"Yes and Yes to the white supremist, no to there only being one. It was 8."

Percy smiled, remembering that. "I knew we would be called in to the principal a few times but the cops on round one surprised me."

"Remember? You had only been a god for a decade and you didn't have complete control of your powers yet."

Percy chuckled. "I couldn't age us up so we had to disguise ourselves on top of the Mist. You cheated and had Vivian help." 

"Your mustache looked like a caterpillar on steroids." Annabeth said, not denying a thing.

"His name was Fuzzy. Leo gave him to me."

"Fuzzy drowned in your coffee halfway through the interview." She reminded him.

"A noble death. He's in Elysium now." Percy declared.

"Hmmm. Maybe not. Especially since you burnt both your fingers and face grabbing him from your mug and slapping him back on your face."

"I panicked!"

The couple laughed and fell silent again, watching the sun set on th horizon.

Percy reached up and a pear dropped into his hand, its skin turning blue at the touch.

Annabeth stole it and took a bite, teal juice dripping down her chin.

"I love you, Wise Girl."

"I love you too, Seaweed Brain."
---------------
Conner and the rest of his squad crossed back into friendly territory, feeling both accomplished and disgusted.

His dad was there, waiting for them.

"War is an ugly thing, my children. And I'm not just saying that because I've known Ares most my life."

He then surprised them all and hugged Janet, the youngest among them. "I love all of you. Don't forget that."

"Thanks Dad."
-------------
All of you know the ADHD Tiktok song, right? A little bit of everything? Imagine that, but on repeat for several months with intermittent scenes of me crying. Welcome to the Kidemonas.