Chapter where Leo gets slapped and Jazz embraces chaos, the thing not the jerk.

***Warning Swear words ahead***

"This is complete bullshit!" Jazz screamed, apparently not pleased with reality.

***Warning over***

"No shit, Johansen!" Mark yelled, slashing at the hooded creature.  "Any more of this and we'll have to signal for backup."

"No one's signaled for back up in eight years!" Josie screamed, kicking the creature's partner away, trying to give the little insane magic caster space to cast her spell.

"I think we're about to break that streak," Mark yelled, slamming his shield into his opponent. "Cast the damn spell!" 

A flurry of fire arched over the Hermes and Ares demigods, splitting off in two before circling into a defensive circle. 

The creatures, which Jackie had warned about when they received a scouting mission to Dras Leona, were called the Ra'zac, monsters that hunted magicians and dragon riders for the King. 

Mark reached into his pack and aimed the flare gun towards the sky, a bright beacon that would draw the other Kidemonas scouting team, and more importantly, the heavy assault team, in like moths to a flame. 

In a flash of orange light, the beacon arched over the cliff where Scout team # had been cornered, exploding into a multicolored firework that quickly formed into...

Mark blinked. "Is that a thirty-foot high, hula hooping Spartan with a banner that says S.O.S in greek?"

"Yes," Josie said. 

"Making sure."

Another flare as Jazz fired her own flare with a cackle, the Hula hooper joined by a hula dancer with their own banner, the Hecate guardian bursting into peals of laughter at the sight.

A pair of arrows thudded into the Ra'zac closet to the cliff, the monster screeching angrily as it ripped them out, hot, viscous, tar-like blood spilling into the hard-packed dirt.

Another scouting team had arrived or was at least in range, arrows peppering the ground between Jazz's fire ring the Ra'zac, driving them back.

Up in the sky, the two spartans were playing paddy cake.
--------------------
Annabeth glared at Leo, who shrugged, ignoring the two warriors who were doing a Russian folk dance, having moved on from paddy cake.

"How?"

"Cabin 9 and I got into a fight over the fourth of July and I won."

"Why hula?"

Leo shrugged. Someone had a lei on that day.

Annabeth blinked, and decided against it, debating on wheater or not to Mist the entire nearby city or now.

"Jazz, no!" Someone yelled, clutching at where their flare gun had been a moment before, stolen away by a summoning spell.

"Jazz, yes!" The tiny Hecate guardian yelled, aiming her stolen contraband towards the sky and squeezing the trigger. 

A third spartan met the third, seemed to speak with them and proceeded to do the hokey pokey. 

Annabeth reached out and smacked the back of Leo's head. "Really?"

"I've been waiting for this moment for eight years." He declared, rubbing the back of his head.

.. / .- -- / .- / .-.. .. -. . -... .-. . .- -.-          ..-. . .- .-. / -- . / -- --- .-. - .- .-.. ...

Percy sighed, as Artemis glared, a bruised and beaten sun god and his partner in crime tied to the tree next to him. "And you need me to take them?"

"My brother can not be allowed to run around unsupervised. Put him and Hermes to work, just get them out of my camp."

Percy bit his lip. "Fine. But only if you do me a favor."

"What kind of favor, boy?" Artemis asked. 

Percy knew had had to trend carefully, knowing the moon goddess was in a foul mood if he had been demoted from Percy to Boy. But she was also the most experienced of all the gods when it came to changing one living thing into another. A man to a deer, a male to a female, a Dragon to a Guinea Pig.

"A quick lesson on changing species, reptile to mammal in specific."

Artemis narrowed her eyes. "I suppose. Come, Percy. We have work to do,"

-... --- --- -.- / - .... .-. . . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / .--. ..- -... .-.. .. ... .... . -.. / .- ..-. - . .-. / .. / .... .- ...- . / -.-. .-.. . .- -. . -.. / ..- .--. / -... --- --- -.- / --- -. . .-.-.-

Nasuada had a pensive look on her face as she contemplated what exactly to do with the information her emissary had given her. Horses with wings, ships that fly through the sky, magic so plentiful and easy that it is used frivolously. Strange medicines and advanced weapons that sing through the air and cut through wood and steel like butter. 

"Did they agree to an alliance?"

"They are waiting for their commander to return from the North. They do not know when he will be returning but he travels alone and I heard whispers that he is the strongest of the KIdemonas."

"And their plans?"

"To deliver the people ofr Carvahal to the Varden. I know nothing beyond that, milady."

Nasuada took a deep breath, her eyes flashing to Elva, the poor child, victim of a blessing given in in ignorance, cursed to be a shield for other's pain.  The witch child was grinning widely from her hidden alcove, unseen to all but the Leader of the Varden herself. Like every other time she had grinned, Nasuada knew not wheatear it was a good or bad omen.

"I see. You've done well. Rest and write up a full report."

"Yes, milady."

The emissary left and Nasuada prayed to the gods that these strange people from across the sea would be amenable to an alliance. Perhaps an offer of a marriage alliance would be useful? For her people, she would do anything.

_________________________

Sorry it took so long. Okay not really. Life is hectic, new job, Grandfather passed, I'm moving out hopefully. I finally got a laptop so I'm not writing on my phone anymore. At least, that was the hope. 

Ta for now, your Tyrannical Overlord.