Locked In

-Auggie's POV-

I stood next to her as she called out to her parents, and of course they walked right over.

They smiled at her before their gaze turned to me.

"Alpha and Luna Wylde, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited my friend over for dinner." Grace said.

Her words were a stab to the ego, even though it's what we agreed to be.

'For now.'

"I'm Augustine Andolini, and sorry for this intrusion." I added, "Oh...these are for you Luna Wylde."

"Oh thank you so much Augustine, They're lovely." The Luna said as she smiled kindly. "And no intrusion, any of our girls friends are always welcome in our home...please come in and meet the rest of our family."

As The Luna showed us in I felt as my wolf arose in anticipation to react to any situation now.

We were led into a very formal dining room and Upon our entry a man and woman stood up from their seats.

"Augustine this is my Sister Eloise and my Brother in Law Rocco."

I shook their outsretched hands, "It's a pleasure to meet you both Alpha and Luna Wylde."

"Augustine is Grace's friend." Grace's Mother said softly. "I think given the same titles and same last name,  first names will suffice this evening."

I blushed a little and nodded.

"Augustine Andolini...You're one of Antonio Andolini's boys." Alpha Dylan sounded as he gestured for us to all take a seat.

I nodded, "Yes sir, I'm the youngest out of the brood."

He smiled a little, "So you and Gracie know each other from school?"

"Yes sir, seems we share an interest in photography." I said.

"Oh our Gracie has always loved to take photos." Luna Juliette said adoringly of her daughter.

"Can I just be the one to say..." Alpha Rocco said with a wide grin on his face now. " ...When you two walked in here I thought you were going to tell us you're mates."

"We are." Grace said cooly.

I was going on her lead now.

"You are...okay, and no offense or anything Augustine but you seem a little bit older than Gracie... you're a student with her?" Her Aunt Luna Eloise asked.

"Isn't uncle Roc older than you Auntie Lou?" Gracie asked calmly yet slightly defensively.

I noticed the slight blush dust her aunts cheeks.

But the truth is we need their help so I'd need to be as open and honest with them as I'm willing to be with Grace herself. "I am the photography professor Luna Eloise."

"Oh Shit." Alpha Rocco sounded under his breath but everyone in the room was fully shifted so we all heard him loud and clear.

"Do you mind if we ask how old you are?" Luna Juliette asked.

"What does it matter," Grace got defensive now. "We're mates, we didn't choose each other no matter how old he is or who his family is, or what he does for a living..."

I wanted to grab Grace's hand or rub her back to comfort her and remind her it was alright but I opted to simply her a reassuring smile, before answering her mother. "I just turned 30 ma'am."