Un-Acknowledged

-Augustine's POV-

For as much game as I pretended to have in front of my cousin only a moment ago, I watched as Grace and her friends made their way over to the bar. Gio talked them up easily, then I noticed him pointing to the back of the club.

I turned to see what he'd be point at...the restrooms.

I gave my mate my full attention once again and watched her separate from her friends as she moved toward the restrooms alone.

'She's Brave.'

"Or Stubborn." I countered, "Maybe even reckless."

'Headstrong...Fearless.'

I couldn't help but smirk.

I took longer strides and caught up to her easily.

I noticed the way her body reacted to my sudden closeness.

She tensed and then relaxed all at once, and I mindlessly reached out and took her hand into my own.

Small, delicate, soft...

I kept a light hold of her hand in my fingertips. But even that barely there touch was enough to ignite all of my feelings instantly for my mate, as a fire began to burn inside of me...she was all I'd ever want for the rest of my life.

"Look at me...please." I sounded...I just had to see her up close.

No...the fact of the matter was, I was desperate for her to see me...I needed her to see us.

But I was nervous as I didn't want to come off as demanding, I would never want to order anyone around more so her.

And as she turned to face us, she completely took my breath away and any and all preconceived notions about chasing her or getting her where completely gone now.

Her captivating eyes pulled me in and I knew from that point on I wouldn't chase her, but rather...I would follow her for as long as she allowed me to.

I somehow remembered I had a voice, and had just been staring at her like a creepy dude...I figured I may as well introduce myself, I mean it's a good enough starting point, right?

"I'm Aug...-"

But my words were cut off by her removing her hand from mine.

I looked down at our hands and then back up at her.

"...And I have to pee." She sounded desperate to be away from me.

As hurt as I was I also noticed...There was something in her eyes that now read uncertainty.

It wasn't a look of hatred or disgust, so there was a small hope in that...but because it was uncertainty I knew We'd caught her off guard, and felt like she would need to figure everything out.

Again I wouldn't rush her.

As much as I kinda wanted to just follow her right now (not giving a damn that it's the ladies restroom), I knew that would more than likely only scare her or put her off.

I sighed before making my way into the office.

My wolf could still feel hers so I knew she was still here in the club somewhere...but as the feeling of her faded away I knew she'd gone.

I finally exited the office and went immediately down to the bartender.

"Gio." I sounded as casually as I could muster, "Those girls..."

"Which one's Boss?" He asked.

"A trio, Two brunettes, one blonde"

He nodded, "I'm so Sorry Ace..." He sounded apologetic now. "I knew I should've asked if they could come first but Kelly's my cousin and I knew her and her friends would really dig this place."