Allow Me To Introduce

We pulled up to what must've been the pack house of the Red Marsh Pack, people were everywhere and as Augustine turned the car off I noticed someone approaching.

I breathed a sigh of relief to see it was my father.

"There's my dad, can you tell him about his order on me please."

Auggie nodded, "stick tight while I talk to him."

"I'll stay with you." His sister in law sounded.

I nodded my thanks as Auggie let himself out of the car.

"...I need to apologize." Rosie sounded from the back seat.

I unbuckled and turned to face her.

"Earlier... when I rushed into the diner the way I did...when I said...the stuff I said...it wasn't my place to say those things about you or towards you."

I could see she was having a hard time with this.

"I was pissed, I was mad that Ace wasn't with the pack when the rogues came...I don't know, I guess I felt like if the brothers had been together they'd of had a better chance or something...it isn't a good excuse for calling you a bitch though, and I know in the end Ace would've likely..." she shook her head and a few tears escaped her. "It's best he was with you, we at least have one of them left still."

"Rosie, I know this shit sucks and nothing I say right now can make you feel any better, but I promise we will do everything we can to get to the bottom of these rogue attacks."

"Thanks." She sounded as she wiped her face before resting her hand on her belly.

"When we get in there you should see a doctor, make sure you're alright." I suggested worried now as I recalled Auggie telling me his sister in law was pregnant. "I mean I've never been pregnant or anything...but from what everyone says, stress isn't good for the baby."

She shook her head and sighed, "I'm fine...just tired."

I nodded just as Auggie returned and opened the passenger door for me just as dad walked up.

"Sorry Princess, " Dad sounded with a sigh, "you are released for my previous orders given tonight."

"Thanks...should we go in then?" I asked worried as I looked at Rosie once again.

Augustine and Dad both nodded and Rosie and I joined them. I could feel all eyes on us as we made our way into the pack house and even more so once we were inside.

My first instinct was to reach out for my Mate's hand.

'Don't...he needs us to be strong right now...show mate we can stand on our own.'

I listened to my wolf and walked on with my head high as a robust man stepped forward and pulled Rosie into a tight hug before acknowledging us. "Alpha Wylde...Augustine."

Both my dad and mate nodded their silent hellos before we all followed him into an office and Auggie spoke up first.

"Alpha Marshall...please, tell me where we all stand with this situation." He sounded almost desperately now.

The Alpha who'd shown us in sighed and nodded, "From what we can tell Bayside was hit first, Alpha Fuller was able to reach out and warn us of the fires started on his pack lands so we had our guard already out on patrol for the rogues...we also know that Lakeside was hit the worst, I think the rogues may have caused the fires as a distraction to keep Fuller and I distracted from helping Lakeside...It's just a hunch for now, but the fires were useless as they got your family...Augustine I'm so...-"