Kicked in the Stomach

My phone pinged and I looked at my text.

[Kelly: Cuz says surprise preview of the new club tonight for those in the know.]

I smirked and shook my head.

[Grace: I don't know girl, not really feeling up for going out.]

[Kelly: you got into school...we're going out to celebrate...one last hoorah before you become a responsible adult like the rest of us.]

[Grace: You responsible? lol Alright one last hoorah.]

"Hey I'm gonna head out." I said to my mom.

"You got plans?"

I nodded, I wouldn't lie to her. "My friends want to go to a club tonight."

She sighed, "Grace...-"

"It's nothing crazy...just a celebration for me getting into school." I said before showing her the texts.

She smirked now, "Go and have fun then Gracie...but be careful, the rogues are still out there."

I hugged her goodbye and then took off back to the apartments.

You see Kelly lives in the same apartments as me, and so live in what use to be my mom's old apartment...and I knew Gigi would already be over there getting ready at Kelly's place.

And sure enough as soon as I got in Kelly's apartment she pulled me into her closet and offered me various outfits.

"Kels we aren't even the same size." I said pointing out her obviously curvier frame.

"I have some things I bought because I thought they were cute and they didn't end up fitting me...and you know I'm too lazy to ever return anything."

She found a pair of black leather pants and a sheer black lace top."Ugh this outfit with some chuky bracelets and a few necklaces...super 80's." She smiled.

"80's was all Neon and pattern print...I've seen my mom's old pictures." Gigi put in.

Gigi is the youngest of 6 so her parents were older than ours, hell her parents could be our grandparents.

I got dressed and decided since I was going super dark with the outfit provided by Kelly, that's I'd add to it with heavy liner and a smokey eye.

"Vampy tramp...I'm in love." Kelly sounded before she kissed my cheek.

"Well I figured...since this is the death of the Wylde Child, may as well give it a funeral vibe."

"Death of the Wylde Child?" Gigi asked.

I shrugged, "It's time for me to grow up...no more partying, and being irresponsible...I'm going back to school, and maybe down the road i'll try and get a job or take up volunteering around the pack."

"No more partying?" Kelly asked almost horrorstruck.

"...Well maybe just slow down a bit Kels." I offered.

"...Annnnd maybe you'll actually look for your mate?" Gigi wondered, I could here the hope in her voice.

My friends knew how hard I had taken not being next in line for my father's position.

And as a she-wolf with Alpha's blood I refused to submit to anyone...my mate included, whoever he may be.

But that wasn't it...Since I didn't have to be the perfect example anymore...I basically went wild...drinking, smoking, partying, and just not giving a damn in general...thus Wylde Child was born..a play on both my new actions and my last name.