Where Have You Been

"I didn't think I could do it but it's so easy now! It was all a mind thing, I told myself I could do it and I did!" Uraraka says with excitement. "I knew you could." Asui says rubbing her back. "Really though.. we all did amazing." Jiro states twirling her jacks in her fingers. "Ugh you could say that again." Yaoyorozu says as she slumps into the couch.

The five of us were sitting on the couch in the living room at our dorms. We just came back from training and I couldn't really focus on much. I'm glad they are all doing great with learning more about themselves and about their quirk but.. mines so hard to make any better? I'm not saying my quirk is the best, it's not. I have wings that fold into my back and when I need them I can fly. Most of my power comes from the fighting lessons I've had to take. It's cool I guess, nothing compared to Deku or Kacchan..

They've always been cool. Even when we were kids Kacchan has always had an amazing quirk and he never fails to amaze me and now Izuku has one to, a new quirk. Now he's always amazing me too.

"I've been creating and studying so hard I feel like I'm dying" Yaoyorozu says making me snap out of my thoughts. She's right though, I've been using my wings to boost me around and fly so much they are so sore. Maybe I should get ice or something for them. As I finish my thought Kaccan comes storming in walking towards the elevator to take him to his room.

I get up and run after him catching up and he looks over at me. "Can I bother you for a sec?" I ask. "You always bother me, but go ahead." He says in a deep tone. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have used those words- "oh uh.. well I kinda have a few questions" We get into the elevator and he presses the button and the doors close. "What's up" he looks over at me. Is he bleeding? His eye looks a little swollen and it looks like his nose is bleeding. "Well for starters, what happened to you?" "Stupid Deku." He says under his breath. "Doesn't matter. Why do you care anyways." He says looking away "I care because your nose is bleeding" the elevator rings and the doors open.

Kacchan walks out and I follow behind "yeah whatever. I thought you had a question." He says still walking in front of me "yeah. You fought Deku just now, right?" "What's it to you." "I know what you've been doing. I've been doing the same thing." He stops at his door and turns to face me. "What are you getting at." "His power, his quirk.. it came from somewhere, you're trying to figure it out too." "I don't know what you're talking about." He looks down at me and squints his eyes in annoyance. "I know you do. That's why you fought him. It's interesting to say the least" I grab my chin as I think aloud. "It's weirdly familiar.. I can't put my finger on it though. It's so unique yet so-" "why the hell are you talking to me about that dumbass deku. What, you like him or something. Why's it matter to you." I look up and he's just staring.. a little more mad than he was a few seconds ago.

"You know. You know where it came from.. the three of us have been friends for-" "friends?!" He yells "I'm not friends with him. He's just a loser and will never be anything." He goes to turn around and I grab his arm. "Kacchan please.. I know you know." He freezes for a minute then opens the door, turning to me and grabbing my hand pulling me inside and closing the door.

"Y/N. You're smart. Weak but smart. I'm sure you can figure it out on your own. I'm not going to tell you, in fact I made a promise not to." He says quietly looking down at me and grabbing my shoulders looking into my eyes. "It's not that big of a deal." He says taking his hands off my shoulders and walking over to his bed, sitting down then patting a spot next to him. "You're tired, sit for a minute" I start walking over and I plop down beside him. "It's just" I start talking and look up to see him walking towards the door.

"He didn't have any quirk.. I know for a fact he didn't.. but now he does? Is it possible to change or receive powers?" He stops and turns to me "why do you want to know?" He asks turning to me "well, maybe it's possible to change a quirk.. get something better.." he walks back over to me and kneels I front of me. "Why would you want to change your quirk?" "I never said mine-" "you implied it."

We sit for a second staring into each others eyes. "It's not good. I'm surprised I made it this far with it." I say. He stands up still looking at me. I look away and notice a picture hanging of him and his mother when he was a baby. Cute.. "You are a kick ass fighter." He says snapping me from my thought. "That has nothing to do with my wings." "No, but they help you with agility. You're able to move around opponents without them leaving a finger on you. Not to mention the speed you go with them." He says turning back around and heading for the door. "And speaking of them, you're probably sore. I'm going to go grab you ice. Stay." He says leaving the room.

As I sit in silence of his room it gives me time to think more. He's right, it's not that big of a deal.. but there's a chance you're able to get a new quirk or maybe change an old one. Is it someone's quirk? To give to someone.. or to change.. or maybe someone gave their quirk to him.. or maybe he had one this entire time.. No. I know he didn't have one.. what would the point be to hide such a powerful quirk..

I quickly snap out of it as Kacchan's door is flung open and he comes in holding a small bucket of ice and pieces of cloth. "Stop thinking too much into it." He says annoyed as he walks over to me. "Spread them." My face flushes red and I can't stop staring at him. "Your wings. Loser. Spread your wings." Oh right.. woah. I lay on his bed stomach down and spread my wings.

They are a little longer than my arm span, white and ombré into red with gold feathers mixed in. When I was little they were plain white but as I've grown I've gotten more and more color to them.. I'm actually quite pleased with how they look now.

He sits next to me and starts wrapping the ice with the cloths and laying them on my wings. "If you didn't push yourself so hard you wouldn't be in pain. Don't be stupid." He says in a gentle tone. "Says the one. Show me your hands." He brings them to my face and they are pretty raw. "All that fire and explosions are making your hands raw.. no one will want to hold your hands when they feel dry and gross" I say and look back at him. "What- who said- I don't want to hold anyone's stupid hands." Flustered I see. Adorable..