Flashback

"Kacchan!! Kacchan wait up!" I call out as he starts to jog. "Kacchan!!" I yell as we pass a familiar road with the broken streetlight. I take a second to look at it as we pass.

———Flashback (8 years old) ———

"Kacchan!" I call out as he jogs ahead of me. I stumble over a piece of broken sidewalk but continue to run after him. "Kacchan!! Wait for me! I'm not that fast!" I say and he giggles. "Well you'll never be the number one hero if you can't run faster than me!" He calls out and I stop for a second out of breath. He runs across the road as I lean up against the streetlight. He turns to look at me and waves me to follow him. "I'm tired!" I call out as I sit against the base of the streetlight. He jogs over to me and squats in front of me. "You're pretty slow." He says and I look down. "I know" I say sadly but he just puts his hand on my shoulder. "But that's ok, I'll be faster so I can save you before you can get hurt."

"I guess." I say trying to catch my breath. Just then we hear squealing tires and my heart stops. Before we could even think a flash of yellow comes and we are on the other side of the road. A scrawny man with long blonde hair had grabbed us. I sit with my eyes wide as I stare at a man get out of his car and stare at the front of his car that was now smashed into the streetlight that we were just sitting under. My heart was beating a million beats a minute and my hands were shaking. I gulp and I feel arms wrap around me. Kacchan was holding me staring at the car. We look up to see that the man was gone. No sight of him.

Kacchan stands up and holds his hand out to me. I grab it and he lifts me up. He turns around so his back is to me then squats down. "Hop on." He says his voice shaking. I hop on his back and he begins to walk. I hug his neck tightly but not hard enough to hurt him and I burry my face into his neck. "I'm sorry. I wasn't fast enough." He finally says but I shake my head. "Sometimes you won't be, that's not your fault." I say and I feel his grip on my legs tighten.

After walking a little longer I finally feel him stop so I look up. We are at the playground. He continues to walk over to a wooden pirate ship. It had a main bottom part then stairs to go up a floor then a latter to go to the top part with slides coming out of some parts. He takes me to the bottom floor and sits me down on one of the benches on the inside. He sits next to me and we are silent for a minute. He then turns to me and taps on my shoulder. I look over and he kisses me then pulls away quickly.

"Don't tell anyone I did that." He says while his face slowly seeps red.

——End of flashback———

As I run across the street I see Kacchan finally stop running so I slow down too. Without looking back at me he bends his knees. "Hop on." He says and I blush. "You're already carrying the bags, don't you think-" "I said hop on." He repeats, cutting me off. I walk to his back and put my hands on his shoulders and jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

He begins to walk. His hands gripping my thighs.

I hug his neck tightly but not hard enough to hurt him and I burry my face in his neck.