Today is the Day

He's.. smiling...

*that morning*

I wake up to my alarm blaring at 6:30 am. I get up and put my suit on. It's simple, black bodysuit with thigh high boots and gloves. I made my suit black so my wings stuck out more. I do my makeup and put my hair up. I stare at myself in the mirror for a minute.. Today is the day. Today I fight Kacchan.

It hits 7 am and people are flooding to the field, you can tell some of us are tired, some are worried, some excited but we are still here, all accounted for. I feel a hand on my lower back and turn towards the owner. "Good luck. You'll do great." Kacchan says looking back up as Eraserhead starts explaining, not moving his hand from my back.

"In real life there are no rules. People will fight dirty. You'll get hurt. This is real life but I don't feel like taking any of you to the nurse so don't fight too dirty. I made a list of the order in which people will battle. Midoriya and Ochaco, you're up first." I look over to Uraraka, she takes a gulp but still looks determined. "The rest of you come to me with who you will be fighting and I will tell you when you're up." He turns and walks to where he will be sitting to watch the fights happen and people start walking towards him.

"We don't have to do this." Kacchan says. "Yes we do, you know we have to." I look up to him and he turns to face me. "I mean, we can leave. No one is paying attention." I look around and he's right.. "I know you're considering it. Come with me." He takes my hand and walks into the woods that surround the training field. "Kacchan.. we will get yelled at." "Eh. I'm not worried about it." "Where are we going?" "You'll see."

We keep walking for a little bit before we hit an opening. "We're here" Kacchan says and pauses. It's beautiful..

I can feel the ocean breeze and can smell the salt

I can feel the ocean breeze and can smell the salt. "I didn't know we were this close to the ocean." I say, looking over to Kacchan. His eyes are closed and the breeze is brushing his hair back. "Thank you, Kacchan." He looks over to me. He's.. smiling... like actually smiling.

 like actually smiling

"Woah.. you can show emotion other than anger." I say sarcastically. "You're hilarious, real funny" he smirks at me. I noticed we are still holding hands as he drags me closer to the edge and sits, bringing me down with him.

We sit there in silence for awhile, enjoying each others company and listening to the waves crash to shore. His arm is around my shoulders and my knees are up to my chest. "Y/N." I look over and he's looking straight. "I've wanted to tell you something I just didn't have the right time. It's-" "Good afternoon children." Oh no.. I know that voice. "All Might?" I say. Kacchan takes his arm off my shoulder as we turn around. "Ah yes. Enjoying the beautiful view I see. I used to come here all the time when I was your age." We stand up and he looks down to us. "But not a sight worth leaving training for." I look to the ground and I feel Kacchan tense up next to me.