The End of the World

CHAPTER 9| SHE'S NOT MY WIFE

   "That wasn't a gravity pocket. I know gravity pockets and they don't feel like that. What do you think, Jabe? Listened to the engines. They've pitched up about thirty Hertz. That dodgy or what?" the Doctor says as the trio walks into the Observation gallery. (Y/N) looks at him, then stands next to Rose.

   "I don't know, but the maintenance duct is just behind our guest suite, I could show you and your wife," Jabe says pointing at (Y/N). Rose gives a questioning look to (Y/N) and the Doctor. (Y/N) goes to speak but the Doctor cuts her off.

   "She's not my wife," he sounded rude to (Y/N) but that could be her imagination.

   "Partner?"

   "No."

   "Concubine?"

   "No," the Doctor says. (Y/N) mouths what looks like yes, to Rose.

   "Prostitute?"

   "Whatever I am, it must be invisable. Do you mind? Tell you what, you two go and pollinate. I'm going to take Rose to catch up with her family. Quick word with Micheal Jackson," (Y/N) says, taking Rose by the sholders.

   "Don't start a fight!" the Doctor says to her. "I'm all yours," he speaks to Jabe.

   "And I want you home by midnight."

   "What does Concubine mean? And why did you look like  you said yes?" Rose asks (Y/N).

   "It's kind of like a mistress, lower then a wife, I guess like a girlfriend would work," (Y/N) explains not answering Roses second question.

   "And you like him, don't you?"

   "What we were is in the past, may never be like that again," they walk in front of Cassandra.

   "Soon, the sun will blossom into a red giant, and my home will die. That's where I used to live, when I was a little boy, down there. Mummy and Daddy had a little house into the side of Los Angeles Crevice. I'd had such fun," Cassandra says

   "What happened to everyone eles? The human race, where did it go?" Rose asks the two woman in front of her.

   "They say mankind has touched every star in the sky," (Y/N) says smiling at her.

   "So your not the last human?" Rose says to Cassandra.

   "I'm the last pure human. The others mingled. Oh they call themselves New humans and proto-humans and digi-humans, even humanish, but you know what I call them? Mongrels," Cassandra says. (Y/N) looks at her with a disguested look.

   "Right. And you stayed behind," (Y/N) says to her.

   "I kept myself pure."

   "How many opperations have you had?"

   "Seven hundred and eight. Next week, it's sevend hundred and nine. I'm having my blood bleached. Is that why you wanted a word? You could be flatter, (Y/N). You've got a little bit of a chin poking out."

   "I'd rather die, and that's saying something."

   "Honestly, it doesn't hurt."

   "No, I mean it. I would rather die. It's better to die than live like you, a bitchy trampoline."

   "Oh, well. What do you know?"

   "Rose was born on that planet, so was her mum, and so was her dad, and that makes her officially the last human being in this room, 'cos you're not human. You've had it all nipped and tucked and flattened til there's nothing left. Anything human got chucked into the bin. You're just skin Cassandra. Lipstick and skin. Nice talking."

   "Is that what the Doctor meant with fighting. You weren't supposed to fight!" Rose says to (Y/N).

   "Yeah, well the Doctor's not here and I'm mad at him so-" Rose and (Y/N) walk through the halls and get knocked out.

   The Doctor sees smoke coming from a room, the Steward's office. The smoke filled the corridor and there is a glare coming through the small glass panel in the door. The little assistance gather around the door.

   "Hold on. Get back," the Doctor says using his sonic on the small panel near the door.

   "Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising," the computer says.

   "Is the Steward in there?" Jabe asks.

   "You can smell him. Hold on, there's another sun filter programmed to descend," the Doctor runs down the corridor.

   (Y/N) and Rose wake up in time to see the deadly glare begin to fill the room. Rose runs to hammer on the door, (Y/N) follows.

   "Let us out! Let us out!" the two girls scream.

   The Doctor runs down the hall and starts using his sonic on the panel. "Anyone in there?"

   "Let us out!" Rose screams

   "Oh, well, it would be you. Wait you said us, who else is in there? Rose!" the Doctor asks worried.

   "Doctor!" (Y/N) screams! "Help!"

   "(Y/N)! Who did you get in a fight with this time?"

   "Really right now!" the Doctor gets the sun filter to rise up again then it begins going back down again. "Doctor!"

   "Just what we need!"

    (Y/N) and Rose run down the steps away from the glare as it moves down the door.

   "The whole thing's jammed. I can't open the doors. Stay there!" the Doctor says running down the hall as the sun filter rises and the two girls go back to the door.