New Earth

CHAPTER 35| FOXY

   The Doctor awakes and realizes he is inside one of the cells. Cassandra stands with Chip at her side watching the Doctor. 

   "Let me out! Let me out!" the Doctor cries.

   "Aren't you lucky there was a spare? Standing room only," Cassandra replies.

   "You've stolen Y/n's body!"

   "Over the years, I've thought of a thousand ways to kill you, Doctor. And now, that's exactly what I've got. One thousand diseases. They pump the patients with a top-up every ten minutes." Cassandra looks down at Y/n's watch. "You've got about three minutes left. Enjoy!"

   "Just let her go, Cassandra."

   "I will, maybe. Now hushaby. It's showtime!" Jatt and Casp, two of the cat nurses, walk towards Cassandra stopping a ways away.

   "Anything we can do to help?" Jatt asks.

   "Straight to the point, Whiskers. I want money!"

   "The Sisterhood is a charity. We don't give money. We only accept," Casp replies.

   "The humans across the water pay you a fortune, and that's exactly what I need. A one-off payment, that's all I want. Oh, and perhaps a yacht. In return for which, I shall tell the city nothing of your institutional murder. Is that a deal?"

   "I'm afraid not."

   "I'd really advise you to think about this."

   "Oh, there's really no need. I have to decline."

   "I'll tell them, and you've no way of stopping me. You're not exactly Nuns with Guns. You're not even armed."

   "Who needs arms when we have claws," Casp and Jatt unleash their claws. Cassandra jumps back.

   "Well, nice try," she turns to Chip. "Chip? Plan B!" Chip pulls a lever and all the doors on that level open. The Doctor comes out along with a lot of dazed, diseased people.

   "What have you done?" the Doctor asks.

   "Gave the system a shot of adrenaline, just to wake them up. See you!" Cassandra sprints in the opposite direction of the cats.

   "Don't touch them! Whatever you do, don't touch them!" The Doctor runs after Cassandra and Chip as the people advance on the cats. Cassandra watches as all the cells open and all the people run out. 

   "Oh, my God!"

   "What the hell have you done?"

   "It wasn't me!"

   "One touch and you get every disease in the world, and I want that body safe, Cassandra. No, scratches!" The Doctor looks around. "We've got to go down."

   "But there's thousands of them!"

   "Run! Down! Down! Go down!" The group reaches a lift. Cassandra tries calling it. "No, the lifts have closed down. That's the quarantine. Nothing's moving."

   "This way!" She leads the Doctor towards her lair. Chip gets cut off from them as more people approach. 

   "Someone will touch him!"

   "Leave him! He's just a clone thing. He's only got a half life. Come on!"

   "Mistress!" Chip calls.

   "I'm sorry, I can't let her escape," the Doctor follows after Cassandra. Reaching her lair Cassandra runs to the back door but its blocked.

   "We're trapped! What am I going to do!" Cassandra cries.