The Parting of Ways

CHAPTER 29| THE END OF NINE

   In the TARDIS, a hologram appears in the shape of the Doctor. (Y/N) turns watching him closely.

   "This is Emergency Programme One. Rose, (Y/N), now listen, this is important. If this message is activated, then it can only mean one thing. We must be in danger. And I mean fatal. I'm dead or about to die any second with no chance of escape. And that's okay. Hope it's a good death. But I promised to look after you, and that's what I'm doing. The TARDIS is taking you home. Sorry (Y/N) but you'll be staying with her. And I bet you're fussing and moaning now. Typical. But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Emergency Programme One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So this is what you should do. Let the TARDIS die. Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years, the world'll move on and the box will be buried. And if you want to remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life," the holo-Doctor says to Rose. He turns to where (Y/N) is standing next to the console. "And (Y/N), there's so much I want to say. So much I want to do with you," the Doctor hesitates. "Be safe, love. Find someone, be a normal person. And one more thing. I lo-" the hologram cuts out. 

   (Y/N) blinks back tears, wanting to know what he was going to say wanting to know what he wanted to do where he wanted to go. But they never could anymore, because he was going to die and she knew that.

   "You can't do this to me. You can't. Take me back! Take me back! No!" Rose yells. "Come on, fly. How do you fly? Come on, help me!" Rose yells at (Y/N) in frustration. Mickey and Jackie appear and are so happy to see Rose and (Y/N) safe.

   The three, Mickey, Rose, and Jackie go into a cafe and talk while (Y/N) stays at the TARDIS. She sits in the Captain's chair thinking. 

   "What do I do now? He's gone," (Y/N) says to the TARDIS, who hums in a response. "Maybe he's right. Maybe I should live a normal life, a peaceful life. One I would never have with him." She is crying now holding tightly to her coat.

   "All the TARDIS needs to do is make a return trip. Just reverse," Rose says walking into the TARDIS where she sees (Y/N).

   "Yeah, but we still can't do it," Mickey says following in after her. Mickey spots the female time-lord. "Talk to her, Rose. She was the Doctor's best friend. She's having it rougher than you."

   "Yeah," Rose walks over to (Y/N). "Hey."

   "Hey," the female says.

   "I know you miss him-"

   "It's more than miss, Rose." Rose is taken back by her words.

   "What'd you mean?"

   "I-" she takes a deep breath, admitting something she would never admit out loud to anyone ever. "I love him. He's been my best friend for centuries, since we were young, if you count being a hundred young."

   Rose pats her shoulder. "We're getting him back. He need us and you need him."

   "How?"

   Mickey begins hooking up the console with a big car. "Mum says we have it til six." Rose smiles at the female time-lord who gives a small smile in return.

   Jackie stands by watching as Rose, Mickey, and (Y/N) are pulling at the console.

   "Keep going!" Rose yells.

   "Put your foot down!" Jackie yells at Mickey.

   "Faster!" Rose screams.

   "Give it some more Mickey!"