New Earth

CHAPTER 33| NEW NEW YORK

   Y/n and the Doctor start up the TARDIS as Rose walks in. She had just finished saying good bye to her mother and Mickey.

   "So, where are we going?" Rose asks the two.

   "Further than we've ever gone before!" the Doctor turns to pull a lever. The TARDIS dematerializes then rematerializes across a river from a massive city. Flying cars are zooming overhead. Y/n and the Doctor walk out.

   "It's the year five billion and twenty three. We're in the galaxy M87, and this? This is New Earth," Y/n tells Rose.

   "That's just-that's just-" Rose stutters trying to form a sentence.

   "Not bad. Not bad at all."

    "That's amazing. I'll never get used to this. Never. Different ground beneath my feet," Rose jumps. "Different sky. What's that smell?"

   "Apple grass," the three say together.

   "Yeah, yeah," the Doctor says smiling at the two girls.

   "It's beautiful. Oh, I love this. Can I just say, travelling with you two, I love it!" Rose hugs the two.

   "Us to. Come on!" the Doctor takes Y/n's hand running down the small hill. The Doctor puts down his coat, laying down on it. Rose pushes Y/n over to him forcing her to sit down next to him. Rose then sits down next to Y/n smugly.

   "So, the year is five billion, the sun expands, the Earth gets roasted," Y/n tells Rose.

   "That was our first outing!" Rose responds.

   "We had chips!" the Doctor butts in.

   "So, anyway, planet gone, all rocks and dust, but the human race lives on, spread out across the stars. Soon as the Earth burns up, oh yeah, they get all nostalgic, biig revival movement, but then find this place. Same size as the Earth, same air, same orbit. Lovely. Call goes out, the humans move in," Y/n tells Rose. She rests her head on the Doctor's shoulder as she speaks.

   "What's the city called?" Rose asks.

   "New New York," the Doctor responds.

   "Oh, come on."

   "It is. It's the city of New New York. Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original, so that makes it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York. What?"

   "Your so different," Rose says happily.

   "New New Doctor," Y/n tells her.

   "Can we go and visit New New York, so good they named it twice?" Rose asks.

   "Well, I thought we might go there first," the Doctor says pointing to a white building with a green moon on the side.

   "What is it?"

   "Some sort of hospital," Y/n says helping the Doctor put on his coat. "Green moon on the side. That's the universal symbol for hospitals."

   "I got this. A message on the psychic paper," the Doctor pulls out the psychic paper which says- Ward 26 Please Come. "Someone wants to see me."

   "Hmm. And I though we were just sight-seeing. Come on, then. Let's go and buy some grapes!" Y/n says grabbing the Doctor's hand and walking off.

~~~

   "Bit rich coming from you," Y/n replies.

   "I can't help it. I don't like hospitals. They give me the creeps," the Doctor defends.