The Christmas Invasion

CHAPTER 32| CHRISTMAS TOGETHER?

   They begin fighting. The Doctor clashing his sword down and the leader of the Sycorax clashing his sword down. The Doctor's foot almost gets caught in the blade of the leader's sword.

   "Look out!" Rose yells.

  "Oh, yeah, that helps. Wouldn't have thought of that otherwise, thanks."

   The leader, being more experienced, get the Doctor to retreat into a tunnel.

    "Bit of fresh air?"

   They begin fighting in the early morning light of Christmas. The Doctor is driven back to the edge, and hit on the nose.

   "Doctor!" (Y/N) cries, Rose taking a step forward.

   "Stay back! Invalidate the challenge and he wins the planet." The leader knocks the Doctor down then slashes his hand off using the sword. "You cut my hand off."

   "Ya! Sycorax!" the leader yells.

   "And now I know what sort of man I am. I'm lucky. Because quite by chance I'm still within the first fifteen hours of my regeneration cycle, which means I've got just enough residual cellular energy to do this," the Doctor's hand slowly grows back.

   "Witchcraft."

   "Time-lord."

   "Doctor!" (Y/N) cries throwing him a sword.

   "Oh, so I'm still the Doctor, then?"

   "No arguments from me!"

   "Want to know the best bit? This new hand? It's a fighting hand!" They begin fighting again. The Doctor disarms the Sycorax leader and thumps both hilts into his abdomen, twice. The leader falls, right on the edge, overlooking London. "I win."

   "Then kill me," the leader says.

   "I'll spare your life if you'll take this Champion's command. Leave this planet, and never return. What do you say?"

   "Yes."

   "Swear on the blood of your species," the Doctor pushes the sword deeper.

   "I swear."

   "There we are, then. Thanks for that. Cheers, big fellow." The Doctor walks back over to the rest of his friends.

   "Bravo!" Harriet yells.

   "That says it all. Bravo!" Rose says.

   "You could have gotten killed," (Y/N) says helping him back into the robe.

  "But, I didn't. Ah, not bad for a man in his jim-jams," he says placing his arm around (Y/N). "Very Arthur Dent. Now, there was a nice man. Hold on," the Doctor stop walking pulling out a fruit from the dressing gown. "What have I got in here? A satsuma. Ah, that friend of your mothers. He does like his snacks doesn't he? But doesn't that just sum up Christmas? You go through all those presents and right at the end, tucked away at the bottom, there's always one stupid old satsuma. Who wants a satsuma?"

   The leader gets up, grabs his sword and runs towards the Doctor's back. The Doctor throws the satsuma at the control on the spaceship hull, a piece of the wing opens and the leader falls to his death.

   "No second chances. I'm that sort of a man."

   They walk into the coliseum type room of the spaceship and the Doctor speaks:

   "By the ancient rites of combat, I forbid you to scavenge here for the rest of time. And when go you back to the stars and tell others of this planet, when you tell them of it's riches, it's people, it's potential. When you talk of the Earth, then make sure that you tell them this. It is defended."