Tooth and Claw

CHAPTER 36| THE QUEEN IS MY FRIEND?

  Y/n, Rose, and the Doctor all stand around the console. Rose had changed into  denim mini-dungaree. 

"What do you think of this? Will it do?" Rose asked.

   "In the late 1970s? You'd better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this," the Doctor tuns on a CD. "Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979."

   "You're a punk," Y/n comments.

   "It's good to be a lunatic," the Doctor sings along.

   "That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabilly thrown in," Y/n crosses her arms laughing lightly at the Doctor dancing in front of her.

   "Would you like to see him?"

   "How'd you mean? In concert?" Rose asks.

   "What else is a TARDIS for? We can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?"

   "Sheffield it is!"

   "Hold on tight!" The Doctor runs around the TARDIS beating a rhythm into the console.

   "Stop!" They all get thrown to the floor as the TARDIS lands.

  "1979. Hell of a year," the Doctor helps Y/n up before running to the door and grabbing his coat and putting it on. "China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb." They trio walk out the doors as the Doctor continues to speak. "And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to-" a rifle is cocked in the groups faces, "-my thumb." The Doctor glances around before listening to the female Time Lord speak.

   "1879," she says at a whisper.

   "Same difference."

   "You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of this girl and woman," Reynolds, a redcoat, tells the Doctor.

   "Are we in Scotland?" the Doctor asks putting on a very good Scottish accent.

   "How can you be ignorant of that?"

   "Oh, I'm dazed and confused. We've been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Isn't that right, ya timorous beastie?" the Doctor turns to Rose.

   "Och, aye! I've been oot and aboot," Rose responds.

   "No, don't do that," the Doctor says dropping the accent for a second.

   "Hoots mon."

   "No, really don't. Really."

   "Will you identify yourself, sir?" Reynolds says.

   "I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of Balarmory. I have my credentials, if I may." He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out the psychic paper. "As you can see, a Doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself," the Doctor turns to Y/n smiling.

   "Let them approach," a voice comes from the nearby carriage.

   "I don't think that's wise, ma'am," Reynolds says.

   "Let them approach."

   "You will approach the carriage, and show all due defernce." Y/n, Rose, and the Doctor walk up to the carriage, inside sits Queen Victoria.