The Christmas Invasion

CHAPTER 30| HELLO THERE

   The TARDIS is coming out of the vortex in mid air and bounces off one block of flats a second and a third before avoiding a post office van and finally crashing into a set of waste bins. The Doctor opens the door, still in his t-shirt and leather jacket.

   "Here we are then, London. Earth. The Solar System. We did it. Jackie, Mickey. Blimey! No,no,no,no, hold on. Wait there. I've got something to tell you. There was something I had to tell you, something important. What was it? No, hold on. Hold on. Shush, shush, shush. Oh I know! Merry Christmas," the Doctor says before collapsing into Mickey and Jackie's arms.

   (Y/N) and Rose exit the TARDIS.

   "What happened is he alright?" (Y/N) asks running to him immediately.

   "I don't know, he just keeled over. But who is he? Where's the Doctor?" Mickey asks.

   "That's him, right in front of you. That's the Doctor," Rose says watching (Y/N) stroke his hair gently.

   "What do you mean, that's the Doctor? Doctor Who?" Jackie asks.

   Mickey and Rose stand talking in the Tyler flat. Jackie comes into the room where (Y/N) is sitting on the bed watching the Doctor sleep.

   "Here we go. Tina the cleaner's got this lodger, a medical student, and she was fast asleep, so I just took it. Though I still say we should take him to a hospital," Jackie says handing (Y/N) the stethoscope.

   "We can't they'll luck us up. They'd dissect him. One bottle of his or mine for that matter, could change the future of the human race," (Y/N) says placing the two ends of the stethoscope in her ears. She listens to both sides of the Doctor's chest. "Both working," she says relieved.

   "What do you mean, both?"

   "Well, he's got two hearts."

   "Oh, don't be stupid!"

   "He has. So do I!"

   "Anything else he's got two of?" Rose walks past the door.

   "Leave them alone mum!" Rose says. Jackie leaves (Y/N) and the Doctor in the room. (Y/N) puts her hand on his face gently.

   "Come on, wake up Doctor."

~~~

   "Oh, no. Don't come round, darling. No, flat's all topsy turvy. Yeah, she just barges in and litters the place. Yeah, no, I'll come round and see you on Boxing day," Jackie says walking out of the room where (Y/N) sits in a chair resting her hand on her face as she sleeps.

~~~

   "So, save us a chipolata," Jackie says as Rose and Mickey burst into the Tyler flat.

   "Get off the phone!" Rose says.

   "It's only Bev. She says hello," Jackie smiles.

   "Bev?" Rose takes the phone from her mother. "Yeah. Look, it'll have to wait." Rose hangs up putting the phone down. "Right, it's not safe. We've got to get out. Where can we go?"

   "My mate Stan, he'll put us up," Mickey says.

   "That's only two streets away. What about Mo? Where's she living now?" Rose asks her mum.

   "I don't know. Peak District," Jackie replies.

   "Well, we'll go to cousin Mo's then."

   "No, it's Christmas Eve! We're not going anywhere! What're you babbling on about?"