9 - The World is Gold

There were way too much stimuli for her. Loud music, flashing lights, yells and laughter. It made her zappy, she was wildly moving the joystick and screamed against the machine. Every time she stumbled upon a ghost it felt like she was chased by a monster herself. An arm glided around her waist and from the corner of her eye she noticed a glass. Waving with her hand, she told Esai she was busy; she really had a high score!

"Oh no!" Angrily, she hit the machine when she was game over.

"Damn, you are one fanatical girl huh?" She wanted to start over, but his fingers glided around her wrist and turned her to the side. "First a drink, chiqui. Is hot in here."

Jamie nodded and took the glass. After a few gulps she'd downed the coke; she'd drank so hastily she burped. Her face turned flaming red as she muttered an apology.

Esai showed her a boyish grin as he shrugged his shoulders, then he laid an arm around her waist and walked a bit. "You tried Donkey Kong?"

She shook her head - she hadn't tried a lot of games except for Pac Man. As they'd found two empty machines next to each other, Esai slipped a coin in both of them.

"Winner picks the next game?"

Jamie nodded without looking to the side - she didn't want to be distracted by him, she needed to win!

The two enjoyed themselves for two hours in the game hall. Jamie had the time of her life - most games she had only played on the computer when she was a little kid. She had never expected a date could be so much fun! However, the noise and lights made her head feel heavy and she started to feel tired.

Esai picked up on it immediately. "Time for some fresh air?"

She nodded, rubbing her temple.

"Or wait!" His hand glided into hers and he pulled her towards a corner with claw machines. "My girl ain't gonna leave without a present."

Jamie's cheeks flushed as he called her his girl. Warm bubbles ascended from her stomach, making her more aware of the grasp of his hand.

"Which one do you want?"

She looked at the stuffed animals, almost pressing her nose against the glass. "Pikachu!"

She forgot about Pikachu instantly when he stood so close to her that his chest was leaning into her back. His arms slipped around her as he moved his hands to the buttons, so she was trapped in his embrace. Jamie thought she would faint when his chin rested on her shoulder while he was maneuvering the claw to the right place.

Jamie had no idea how many times he tried. Secretly she kept hoping that he would fail, so he would keep holding her this way. His warm breathing across her skin made her shiver and when his stubbly cheek scraped across her jaw she feared her legs would collapse.

However, when he managed to win Pikachu she was still cheering for him. She took the fluffy toy from the container and wrapped her arms around it as she turned to Esai. Tinglings danced across her skin as she looked into his blue eyes. In a whim, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," she said softly. It was such a sweet gesture - so romantic!

He gave her a wink. "C'mon, lets find a quiet place."

Heat waved over her. Did he want to be alone with her? Maybe he wanted to kiss her! She however wasn't sure she dared to kiss him; what if she accidentally bit him?"

"You hungry?"

Jamie shrugged her shoulders. "I can eat all day long."

He lifted the corner of his mouth. "Well... it certainly doesn't show."