6 - A Ride

Jamie entered the smokey room. The beat made the floor shake; it run even up to the half filled glasses that were everywhere around her. It didn't take long before everyone had turned towards her. Immediately she noticed that her skin was whiter than theirs; apparently this motorclub was meant for Hispanic guys. Then why had Juice not joined this club? Or did every city has its own club and was he bound to the clubhouse in Charming? She really had no idea. Nor did she care. 

Just like in Charming, some of the girls cast her dark looks, as if they were afraid to have competition. All these girls however looked like they had just ran from a porn studio, so they were clearly overreacting and she smiled friendly to them. 

After taking a few steps, someone swung an arm around her shoulders. "Yo chiqui, who are you gonna give a ride tonight?"

Jamie cocked her head to the side and faced a man who was a couple of years older than she. He didn't look bad, with his dark hair and charming smile. A patch saying Prospect was sewed on his kutte. 

"Well ummm actually I'm looking for a ride myself," she answered.

"Oh lemme give you one. Just come with me princesa."

Jamie was a little confused when he took her away from the entrance while he neither walked to the bar. 

"I'm sure she means another kind of ride, Kev. She ain't one of those putas outta town."

Jamie had no idea what putas were, but the man sounded friendly so she turned her head to the side. When she looked right into two blue eyes, she felt her cheeks flush. Because of his tan skin they look liked sparkling diamonds and she felt a little mesmerized.

"Where do you need to go, cariño? Most of these guys are wasted, dunno why you thought to find a safe ride in this place?" Subtly, he laid his arm around her waist and led her away from Kev. Jamie didn't mind. This man was more handsome than the other and he smelled so good it made her feel light in the head. 

"Umm well I dropped my phone and now it's broken so I don't know how to get back to Charming." He lifted his eyebrows when she mentioned the town where she was living. "And since I met the Sons last week and they were really friendly and you're a motorclub too, I thought that you might know each other and that you could maybe help me to get home."

They had reached the bar. He gestured at the barman, and a moment later he put a drink in front of her. His finger slightly stroked her cheek when he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. A little nervously she bit her lip – she wasn't used to the attention of handsome guys like him. 

"You can sleep at my place if you want?" His blue eyes rested in hers. "I think we can have fun tonight, don't ya think?"

Jamie's breathing faltered. What – umm what did he mean? Did he mean fun while hanging out here or fun in his house and maybe even in his bed? "I'm still a virgin," she blurted out. 

Her cheeks turned flaming red. Noooo why did she tell him that?! She felt so ashamed she wished she could just vanish. 

"You're jokin' right? Such a beautiful girl like you? The guys must be linin' up for you!"

"No not really," she muttered. Suddenly she didn't dare to look at him anymore. 

Why did she respond so strange? Usually she would just laugh about such a question, but his presence was so overwhelming that she could barely think. 

"And you want to wait for someone special, right?" he asked. 

Quickly she nodded, relieved that he understood the hint and didn't push her.