Chapter 5

I'm thankful when Jungkook leaves so Hoseok and I can discuss the party. I need more details to ease my nerves.

"Where is the party? Is it within walking distance?" I ask him as I asign my books on the shelf into alphabetical order. It's a habit.

"It's technically a frat party, at one of the biggest frat houses here." His mouth is wide open as he layers more mascara onto his lashes. "It's right off campus, so we won't be walking but V will pick us up."

I'm grateful it won't be Jungkook, even though I know he will be there.Somehow riding with him seems unbearable. Why is he so rude? If anything, he should be grateful that I'm not judging him for the way he has destroyed his body with holes and tattoos. Maybe I am judging him a little, but not to his face at least. It is just that I was raised in a home where tattoos and piercings are not expectable, I always had to have my hair combed, my eyebrows plucked,and my clothes clean and ironed. It's just the way it is.

"Did you hear me?" Hoseok says and laughs.

"Sorry . . . what?" I hadn't realized my mind had wandered.

"I said let's get ready, you can help me pick my outfit," he says. The clothes he picks out are so inappropriate that I keep looking around for a hidden camera and someone to jump out and tell me this is a joke. I cringe at each one and he laughs, obviously finding my disgust humorous.The clothing,no, piece of scrap material. He chooses is a ripped black leather jacket and a plain grey tank top, at least the bottom is solid but I get the feeling he would wear it even if it wasn't. His flaming red hair is gelled into a spike like do and he has more eyeliner on than ever.

"Did your tattoos hurt?" I ask him as I pull out my favorite maroon suit.

"The first one sort of did, but not as bad as you would think. It's almost like a bee stinging you over and over," he shrugs . Ouch, that sounds very unpleasant.

"That sounds terrible," I tell him and he laughs. It occurs to me that he probably finds me as strange as I find him. That is oddly comforting.

"You're not really wearing that, are you?" He gapes at my suit.

My hand slides over the fabric, this is my nicest outfit and I didn't bring many clothes with me.Since I skipped on going to the store today, I will have to find time this week. I need to pencil that in before I forget.

"What is wrong with my outfit?"

I try to hide how offended I am.The maroon material is soft but sturdy,the same material business suits are made of. The collar goes up to my neck and the sleeves are three-quarter length, reaching just under my elbows.

"Nothing . . . it's just so . . . sophisticated?" he says.

"I want to look my best for everyone." I defend my favorite outfit.

"It's nice, I just think it's a little too formal for a party. You could borrow something of mine?" he offers and I laugh

"No thanks, I'm fine wearing this, though," I tell him and turn around to pull off my suit.

Thank you for reading!