Chapter 73

Jungkook leaves shortly after he and Mr. Vance finish bickering about a football game. I apologize for having a visitor, but he brushes it off, telling me that Jungkook is like family and he is welcome to come by anytime. Visions of Jungkook making love to me on the desk take over my imagination and Mr. Vance has to repeat what he said next about payroll three times before I come back to reality. 

I go back to reading the manuscript and I am so into it that I don't realize it's after five when I look up again. I am an hour late to leave and have a missed call from Jungkook. When I get to my car I call him back, but he doesn't answer. I drive back through moderate traffic, and when I get to my room, I'm surprised to see Hoseok on his bed. I almost forget he lives here, too, sometimes. 

"Long time no see," I joke and drop my bag and pull off my shoes. 

"Yeah . . ." J-Hope says and sniffles. 

"Are you okay? What happened?" I sit on his bed with him. 

"I think V and I broke up." He sobs. It is a strange sight to see Hoseok crying—he's usually so strong and sassy. 

"Why? What do you mean you think?" I ask and put my hand on his back to comfort him. 

"Well, we got in a fight and I broke up with him, but I didn't mean it. I don't know why I did it—I was just pissed because he was sitting with her and I know how she is." 

"Who?" I ask, even though I somehow already know. 

"Molly. You should have seen how she was flirting with him and hanging on his every word." 

"But she knows you two are together; isn't she your friend?" 

"She doesn't care about that. She'll do anything to get male attention." As I watch Hoseok cry and wipe his eyes, my already strong dislike of Molly grows even more. 

"I don't think Taehyung would go for her; I see the way he looks at you. He really cares about you. I think you should call him and talk it out," I suggest. 

"What if he is with her?" 

"He's not," I assure him. I really don't see V running off with the pink-haired snake. 

"How do you know? Sometimes you think you know people, but you don't," he says and looks into my eyes. "J—"

"Hey . . ." Jungkook says as he bursts into the room and then takes in the sad scene before him. "Um . . . should I come back?" He shifts uncomfortably. Jungkook isn't the type to comfort a crying girl or boy, friend or not. 

"No, I am going to go find V and try to apologize." Hoseok stands. "Thank you, Jimin." He hugs me and looks at Jungkook. They exchange awkward glances before Hoseok exits the room. 

Jungkook turns and gives me a kiss. "You hungry?" 

"Yeah, actually I am," I tell him. I should do some homework, but I'm actually pretty far ahead. I really have no idea how or when Jungkook actually works. 

"I was thinking that after we get something to eat, you could call Karen or Jin and see what I should wear to the . . . you know. The wedding." The mention of Seokjin's name tugs at my heart. I haven't talked to him in a few days and I miss him. I want to tell him about my internship and maybe even about Jungkook and me. I haven't decided that yet, but I still want to talk to him. 

"Yeah, I'll call Jin. I'm excited for the wedding!" I tell him, then realize I need to get something to wear to the wedding as well. 

"Yeah. Me, too. I am so thrilled. Could I be more excited?" He rolls his eyes and I laugh.