Part 9

Aaliyah was lying in a hospital bed, with Jameel beside her. Suddenly, the door burst open

"Aaliyah, we came as soon as we heard. Well done you for delivering twins alone."

"Mum I'm fine. Jameel helped me deliver them. And the babies are in an incubator, because they're early."

"Jameel, what were you doing there?" said her sister

"He came looking for you. Lucky he was there. I don't think I could of done it otherwise."

"I did nothing. I just held your hand. You were the one who did all the work."

Just then a doctor came in and told Aaliyah she could go downstairs to see the babies. "Would dad like to come to?" he asked Jameel. "He's not the dad, he's my boyfriend" said Aaliyah's sister. Aaliyah asked her mum to wheel her down, so she could see them. Aaliyah gasped as she saw them. They looked so tiny. "Come on, get better for mum. I don't know what I'd do without you" said Aaliyah, holding their tiny hands.

Instead of Aaliyah's mum wheeling her back upstairs, she took her into a side room.

"Mum, what are we doing here."

"Well Aaliyah, we need to have a chat and I thought it be better alone."

"About what?"

"About the fact you and Jameel are madly in love with each other. And I'm pretty sure you're twins are his."

"How did you find out?"

"So it's true. Oh Aaliyah. How could you do this to your sister?"

"I don't know mum. I didn't know who he was, until she introduced him to me. But by then it was too late. I was already pregnant."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I can't mum. I've already hurt my sister once, I can't do it again."

"Well Aaliyah, this is a fine mess you landed me in. Whatever I do, I lose one daughter."

"Please don't tell him mum."

"It's not up to me to tell him. Anyway, you're sister must be choosing to remain oblivious. Surely I'm not the only one who can pick up on the chemistry, and the looks. Be careful Aaliyah, you're playing a dangerous game."

                   Dum, dum, dum. So now her mum knows. How long before Jameel finds out