Part 24

Aaliyah was tired and her feet hurt. She didn't know where she was, she had just kept running. She just wanted to get away from Safdar and that house. She didn't know how he existed in that house. She had felt like a prisoner there. No forms of communication there, and no access to the outside world. Someone please help me she thought. She saw a building in the distance and ran to it. She ran inside and realised it was a hospital.

"Help me" she said to a passing nurse, then collapsed on the floor. Aaliyah woke up on a bed, with a drip in her arm. She was tired, and just glad of the rest. The doctor came in to see her, and told her she was very dehydrated. "We found some pills on you. Have you taken any?" "No." "That's good. These tables mess with peoples minds and cause them to hallucinate, black out and make them paranoid. Why were you taking them?" "I wasn't. I've lost my memory and someone said they might help." "Well, I can only think that person didn't know because in high doses, they're lethal. They're banned in this country. I don't even know how they got them."

Aaliyah gasped as the doctor left. His words ringing through her ear. What had Safdar been planning to do to her?