- 7 -

- A week later -

Harmony

"How do you feel about this one?" I stood in front of the full length mirror checking myself out in outfit number three.

"I like the other two better." Layla shook her head no.

"One more outfit hopefully this is the one." I let out a sigh and closed the door to the dressing room.

Why was shopping for the perfect outfit such a difficult task?

I quickly slipped out of the outfit and tried on the last fit.

"I think I found the one!" I opened the door to the dressing room and walked towards Layla.

"Yasss honey that's it. Simple but cute." She smiled and snapped her fingers.

Tonight Layla and I were going out to a club called "Dreams." It was one of the best clubs in Charleston.

I didn't have any plans on going out until my coworker Layla brought up the idea. After deciding I didn't want to spend another boring night in the house I told her of course I would hang out with her tonight. Summer has officially began and I was ready to enjoy myself for these three months.

Layla works with me at Brownstone Elementary as a fourth grade teacher. We became friends at a back to school party that was thrown at the school my first year welcoming new staff. Our love of food, fashion and nails were the reason we clicked our first meeting and have been friends since.

"Alright let's go check out now." I went inside of the dressing room to remove the dress and change into my regular clothes.

"Thank you." We smiled at the young cashier before grabbing our bags and walking out of the store.

Walking towards the exit I noticed a group of people that looked familiar. The closer I got to the group I realized that my eyes weren't deceiving me and that was indeed Mea, Dominique and Princeton coming out of Foot Locker.

I quickly snuck up behind Mea and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Girl I was about to box you in your face." Mea smirked and grabbed me into a hug.

"Hello boys." I laughed and nodded at Dominique and Princeton.

"Wassup. How are you?" Dom pulled me into a hug.

"I'm doing well. Happy that my summer vacation has finally started." I smiled.

I glanced over at Princeton who had this bored expression on his face and was scrolling through his phone. If he wasn't going to speak I wasn't breaking my neck to try and get his attention.

"I want you all to meet someone. This is my friend Layla."Layla, this is Mea and Dominique." I smiled.

"Hello!" Layla placed her phone back into her purse. "It's nice to finally meet you." She smiled.

"Likewise." Dominique said.

"It's nice to meet you also." Mea smiled.